Has anyone done a color run

Options
2»

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I did the Color Run last summer (my first 5K) and it was so much fun!

Make sure you wear white and bring a beach towel for your car for after the event to keep your seats clean.

I'm signing up this year again and going to try to go to another one that's not too far from me.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm really excited!,
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I've done 2- I did the color run in 2012 and then i did color me rad last year. I like them- they are fun, untimed races, and have a very fun and encouraging atmosphere. :) good luck with it!
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I did one last year - so much fun...enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I did one last year and it was AWESOME!!!! It was a blast!! It was a fun run, then afterward you get to enjoy the concert! It's family friendly and just a good time overall. I've signed myself and my soon to be 8 year old daughter up for one in July!

I was shocked though at how many people actually RUN the race. It's not timed, so it's not like it's competitive. I had to weave in and out of people the whole way through.

Tips - Wear a white shirt. Bring a towel and a change of clothes (down to even your underwear, socks and shoes). My sister n law brought up yowis (those things you put around your neck that you can pull up over your neck and ears) so that we wouldn't worry about ingesting the color (which is nothing but colored baking soda/powder). OR you could just hold your breath while going through the color stations (there's about 4-5 in all). And get as dirty as you can!!! lol That makes for some great pictures at the end!!! Most of all HAVE FUN!!!!!
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the London one in June. Excited! I've been in India during Holi so know what to expect regarding the dye and staining :happy:
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    *bump*

bumping for later.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Yes! I did one last July - and I'm doing it again this summer. It was a lot of fun - I was on a team with about 8 people. If you can, get some other people to sign up with you. Throwing coloured powder at strangers is okay, but it's way more fun pelting your family/friends with it :bigsmile:

as mentioned above, a change of clothes is a good idea, but if it's set up like where I was, there isn't really anywhere to change except for cramped porta potties. At the very least bring clean shoes & a towel/blanket to cover your car's seats with.

ETA: The colour didn't come off as easily as I had thought. It didn't come out of the shirt I wore at all - and because it was hot and I was sweaty, it stained even darker. So make sure you wear something you don't mind throwing away if the colour doesn't come out.