Taste Bud Changes

Options
I used to hate avocado. Loooove it now. Hated shrimp. Loove it now. The biggest one for me though is Hummus. I hate plain chickpeas but I can't get enough of hummus! How have your taste buds changed?

Replies

• ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm much more sensitive to sodium content. I can taste the salt in things and it ruins some foods I used to love. Otherwise, I LOVE me some sushi these days, avacado and want to add onion to all my soups and pastas. My family isn't too fond of that last one though.
  • juicymisslucy
    juicymisslucy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention salt. I have stopped using as much in recipes as I find a little goes a long way. My hubby on the other hand has noticed the lack of it and grinds it onto most of my homemade meals.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Taste buds are always changing that is why Ive never not given something a try.

Except fish ... I just dont like the texture ... so that will never change lol

I agree with sodium. Since ridding it from my diet the past 4 months, It is amazing what 2 days going over will do to my body. I am in complete discomfort.
  • juicymisslucy
    juicymisslucy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    There are still foods that I can't handle even though I've tried them more then once. Salmon. Eeeeww.
  • harperjs
    harperjs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like so many vegetables now that I didn't eat even a year ago. Carrots, especially roasted! Brussels sprouts too. Cooked leafy greens (sauteed spinach or collard greens).
    I used to hate vinegar 5 years ago (I remember getting some bruschetta that was heavy on the balsamic and it was inedible to me) and now I used straight up aged balsamic to dress my salads.
  • Pensworth
    Pensworth Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Carrots and cabbage were big ones for me. Cabbage has to be uncooked, though. The smell of stuffed cabbage in particular makes me gag, no joke... I also have recently discovered avocado. Big appreciation for mushrooms and eggplant now, too. Sweet potato was easy to acquire a taste for. Tomatoes, I am still fighting. Most of my taste changes have been around vegetables.

edit: I forgot to mention, BELL PEPPERS. How did I never love these before? Especially yellow/orange. The best.