Stretch Marks

Options
I didn't know where to put this, but I figured I'm not the only one suffering from stretch marks. I've had stretch marks since I was little (like seriously!)...I don't want to see them this much for the rest of my life...will they ever go away?

Do they go away naturally after the skin has gotten back to were it isn't stretching? Or is there a cream or something you all have used that has helped?

Replies

• nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've had them myself since I was 9 or 10 (stupid growth spurts!), and I don't believe anything will make them go away besides getting that section of skin removed, however, they do fade.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've had them since I was probably around 10 years old and I'm 19 now. mine are really faded and hard to see unless you're close. they don't ever go away even if you try all the creams and such. all you can really do is wait for them to fade :-/
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend Bio-Oil, I don't think that anything will completely get rid of them but they most certainly can help them fade to the point where you barely notice them anymore. I've only used this for scars but it's worked so well and I've heard numerous people say great things about how it's worked for their stretch marks.
    Only downside is it is quite expensive, but really worth it I think, you should only need a small bottle if you don't have that many stretch marks :)
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    nope they are there to stay. Just need to accept them. They will fade though
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    No. Over time they will fade and look silvery, but theres no way of actually getting rid of them, if there was I'd be at the front of the line. I have more stretch marks than skin on my stomach since having my daughter. My stomach looks like one of those dogs with the wrinkly faces (I don't know the breed name) lol.
  • nlibera
    nlibera Posts: 27
    Options
    I have noticed them fade a little as I've been losing weight. I've heard the recommendation of using cocoa butter regularly will help them fade in color too, but I have never stuck to doing it consistently every day to verify that yet. I've had them since a growth spurt at age 13 or 14 *shakes fists*. They're mostly around my waist/stomach. I just tell people I was almost eaten by a shark but narrowly escaped. Haha!