I keep falling off the wagon!

Options
2»

Replies

• valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    So glad you asked that. I have the same problem and could really use some motivation. I'm finding out that a big part of weight loss is in our minds. We have to do positive self talk and exercise self control and discipline and like someone said regarding your post, we REALLLLLLLYYYYYY have to want it for ourselves and know the reason we want it. Let's keep focused.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    It's not a wagon.

What I'm hearing is that you have a goal. You make choices that progress you toward that goal for a week. And then you abandon progress after awhile.

There are two factors here. Either the choices that you are making aren't sustainable for over a week. Or the goal isn't one you really care about.
  • valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    Very helpful!!!
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • sianan74
    sianan74 Posts: 3
    Options
    I once weighed 208lbs (5' 6") and got myself down to 120lbs. But now I'm back up to 149lbs. Why? Because almost all of us fall off the wagon at times.

Life happens but we need to stop letting what happens around us control our negative responses.

That's why we're here. To learn and grow. (or shrink)

One step at a time... we're all human and we need to stop beating ourselves up about our weight.

How about we work on getting healthy... not for anyone else but ourselves? That's why I'm here... to get healthy... because I deserve it!

Please feel free to add me as a friend. There's no such thing as too much support. :)
  • lildavid91
    Options
    In fitness you can't tip toe your way through a workout. You can't fake eating 6 or 7 meals a day. There's no way you can properly recover by training hard and then go and eat everything. It's all or nothing!

I have failed many times just like you and just like most of the people here.. But you can't get discouraged over one little bump in the road. Fitness is tough, dieting is tough! If it was easy everyone would be skinny! Not everyone is in shape so don't compare yourself to those that are. Everyone is different. It's a day by day process, and if you get out there EVERYDAY it will become a LIFESTYLE.

Also don't necessarily count calories.
    "You need to DECREASE or INCREASE intake based on your goals (eg: lose or gain mass). For this - DO NOT use a 'generic calorie amounts' (eg: 500 cals/ day) to add / remove. Instead calculate a % of your maintenance. Why? The effect of different calorie amounts is going to be different based on someones size/ total calorie intake. For example - subtracting 500 cals/ day from a 1500 total intake is 1/3rd of the total cals, where 500 cals/ day from 3000 total intake is only 1/6th of the total. The results will therefore be markedly different on an individuals energy level & weight loss." -Emma Leigh, site:Bodybuilding.com

If you need help figuring out how many calories you need a day feel free to add me!
  • valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    You guys all have such great advice. This helps me also. Thanks to everyone.
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It takes time and real motivation :)
  • blmr85
    blmr85 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Totally in the same boat as you!!!
    Feel free to add me :)
  • sino19
    sino19 Posts: 50 Member
    Options