How will not eating affect my metabloism?

Options
So if anyone saw my post last night. I'm not feeling well at all.
I ended up vomiting everything I ate yesterday up I was so sick .
I'm still not feeling well enough to eat, I'm almost afraid to.

Now I'm worried about my muscle mass and metabolism. How badly is this going to mess things up?

Replies

• ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    For two or three days? It won't. Metabolic damage doesn't happen overnight. You'll be okay, just rest up, get healthy, and try to feed yourself normally when you can eat again.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have gallbladder issues which when it flares up something bad can mean I dont manage to eat for a couple of days. I am a breastfeeding mum too so at first I was worried about my supply as well as my metbolism/muscle.

Its happened about 3-4 times in the last year and doesnt seem to have left any lasting damage. Like PP said it'll probably take a lot longer than a day or two before not eating has adverse effects on your metabolism.

Hope you are feeling better now.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to find something easy on my stomach. I know the BRAT idea helps, but most of that actually seems to upset my stomach more.

I'm not feeling better yet, I'm planning on going to the doctors today or tomorrow. Thank you for hoping though! : )
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    How about Jello or soup?
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If BRAT isn't helping, eat/drink what is - your stomach will tolerate it or not. My entire family had Sydney norovirus in January - I lost 12 lbs in 2 days from vomiting/diarrhea. All came back when I was able to eat/drink normally again. Don't worry about metabolism/muscle mass right now. Just take care of yourself.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    How about Jello or soup?

ooooo jello : p I fotgot I had that in the house.

Natures: I want something to drink but i want to chew something at the same time.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup is always good when you are feeling bad.
  • lylahroses
    Options
    Try to drink green tea with lemon and a few crushed mint leaves..pour a bit of honey if u want to..this will control the vomiting..then half an hour to 40 mins later eat something light like porridge, corn flakes with milk, bread with jelly..it will all stay down..try it..it always work for me when i m sick and cant eat..get well soon :)