I'm a New Old Guy

Options
kikstand
kikstand Posts: 36 Member
I'm 50 years young and have logged in for 11 days straight. I decided last year that I needed to get in shape. This year I also decided that I needed to get in shape. Only thing different this year is I am actually doing something about it. I started lifting weights again after an inguinal hernia cut my gym time off abruptly. That was in 1985 so I have healed up okay I think. I started using MFP last month when my physician recommended it during my annual checkup. I told him I was weight training again and he recommended MFP as a good tool for calorie management. We have an elliptical trainer at our home as well as a home gym including free weights. I started off fairly strong on the elliptical at the beginning of this year, but have tapered off way too far and my midsection is my biggest hurdle so my wife say's I need the cardio and she appears to be right... again.

I like the app but sometimes I can't log in my data until later and it seems to take too long trying to remember everything. I work the weirdest hours of any human and that makes it difficult to establish a routine with anything! Especially sleep habits. But my worst enemies are procrastination and doubt, not necessarily in that order. I have a lot of time off while others are working and that can be great and as some of you know it can be a curse as well.

I am married to a beautiful supportive woman, and we have three kids. One's a Marine, one's in college, and the third is making a mess in the kitchen right now. Just kidding... although he may be. I hope to stay with this and I feel good about it, especially after reading some of your posts. Yes, I've been lurking.

Feel free to add me,
Jay