How long should we wait?

Options
I've thought about this for a while now, and I've noticed people on here are having problems with weight loss stalling.

For me, even one week of maintenance is enough to make me question whether or not I've plateaued or not.

But how long should we wait before we determine that something has to change? 2 weeks? a month?

Thanks in advanced x

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A plateau is generally considered to be 4-6+ weeks without a change on the scale with no changes to your routine.

A week or two without weight loss is completely normal and usually just something as simple as a little water weight retention. Especially if you're changing/increasing your exercise, have a cheat day, or are nearing your TOM.
  • PibbleLover88
    PibbleLover88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've never had this problem - but one week with no weight loss is not something that would worry me.
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I lose weight in fits and spurts... in the last week or so, I've lost about 2 lbs - but I only lost about 4 lbs the whole month of March - it just all dropped at the end. I think that is the way of it - especially for women who have some pretty drastic hormonal changes/spikes through the course of a month.

I recently found in the "reports" section a graph that shows weight loss, and i hit the "past 90 days" setting, and I could totally see a pattern of stair stepping... some of the stairs being a little "longer" than others before the drop comes.