Stepping out of that comfort zone

Options
Ok, so I'm doing this, Im introducing myself and posting reply's. Just so everyone knows, this is so out of my comfort zone and that is one of the things I have been trying to teach myself to be ok with; not being so comfy.
Anyway, my name is Kare, I have been using this site for about 3 weeks a little less, its very helpful with keeping track of everything, so glad to have found it. I am the kind of person that cannot do incredibly calculated things like weighting food and jotting down every thing I do or eat in a day because I will turn into an OCD drone and that makes life far too stressful.
I am a mom of a beautiful 3 year old. Issues started when I got pregnant, hormone stuff and mindless eating along with being too sick to get out of the house added up over those 9 months. Before pregnancy I was battling anorexia and bulimia since the age of 12.
My goal is to gain endurance, shape up and be able to run around with my daughter, play and have fun. Im not concerned with losing weight like I used to be as a teenager, my focus is on losing extra fat and gaining strength.
My journey started when My daugther was 1, I decided to stop eating meat, that lead me to make healthy food choices since being a vegetarian and eating fast food is difficult to do (you tend to get sick of fried for supper)! Once the cravings subsided I felt better than usual, even took up yoga, continuing a regular practice to this day. While I love yoga it is not the answer to everything and I still felt weak and tired some days with not enough energy to make lunch, this helped me realize I needed harder exercise, at one point I was an avid rock climber, I missed the energy and happy feelings I got from that.
Now I belly dance for cardio, continue regular yoga, walk (which the dog is thankful for), do Pilates and strength training. My happiness level is through the roof, sometimes there are down days but my over all outlook on life and parenthood are much healthier! I just need some extra help to stay motivated so I don't forget how great things can be with the right attitude.

Thank you for reading :)

Replies

• QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Hello! I'm Erin. :)
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Welcome Erin!
  • ToogieTuesday
    Options
    Welcome Erin! I think once you start on a lifestyle change you're happy about and that you've been gearing up for so long you'll find much about yourself you never thought was there or possible. You're giving yourself an opportunity for growth and to explore the things that work and do not work for you. I am excited for your journey and welcome you with open arms and open ears. If you want to continue to post or add me as a friend feel free. Doing things that scare you is an exploration of that so good on you and good luck =)
  • ToogieTuesday
    Options
    pardon me, I guess I misread the other posts... I thought your name was Erin. :P oops

WELCOME!