Recovery Food AftervOperation

Options
Anybody out there have some ideas what foods will help me regain my strength after having my gall bladder removed. The post op advice I got from nursing staff was no fats but normal diet. Well everything I have tried except for some beef consomme (very high salt) just makes me feel ill. I have had almost nothing for a week. 7 day anniversary of of tomorrow. Any advice?:sick:

Replies

• sararay509
    sararay509 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would say any lean meats, fruits and veggies. A chicken and rice soup should fill you up and be easy on your stomach. Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
  • thenextstep
    Options
    I've had four different surgeries and smoothies and soups are honestly the easiest on me
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I am feeling great this morning and have regained my appetite and beginning to eat again. A simple soup made from consomme and broccoli and beans worked wonders. Back into the pool this morning for some light walking and it was fair dinkum like being reborn.:laugh:
  • cheliekayy
    cheliekayy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Had mine removed 2-12.
    Avoid any gas causing foods for awhile (beans, broccoli, cabbage, any of your own triggers). Those seemed to be the worst for me (more issues with those than higher fat foods). Lots of fiber and protein. I loved having meal substitute type shakes (I drink them for breakfast daily). That way I could be a little less worried about getting the vitamins I needed. :)

My surgery was the best decision I've made! I waited 7 years to have it done because of horror stories and I regret it now. I feel the best I have in years!!!