Help Please!

amcmillan730
amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been on here for about 55 days ;) Before I started I wasn't counting calories... just making good choices and exercising. I never felt hungry... and I lost 4 lbs one week and 3 lbs the next (water weight as well i know). Now I have been losing about 1.5 lbs some weeks and some weeks not at all. Very Frustrating of course. Sometimes I feel hungry or that I won't eat because I don't have the calories. I'm thinking maybe I should be eating more calories because... before I came on here I'm pretty sure I was eating more but still losing. I've contemplated not counting for 2 weeks and just making good choices and exercising. I go to the gym 5 days a week as well. Mostly cardio... though I've recently started to add in weights.

I'm just getting frustrated... My weights went down a few weeks ago when I was sick. And for the next two weeks after it's stayed steady.

HELPP!!!!!

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    1.5 lbs per week is a perfectly healthy weight loss. 4 and 3 lbs feels a lot better psychologically, but realistically, you'll keep it off longer if you lose it more slowly. You really want to stick to losing 1-2 lbs a week. I know... we all want to wake up in the morning thin, but it doesn't work that way. Keep up the good work, and congrats on what you've lost so far!
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    I lost 5 pounds right off the bat and then spent almost 2 weeks going no where. Now I lose about a pound a week as I'm not concerned about how quickly it comes off, but rather that it STAYS off. How many pounds per week do you have set on MFP? If you only have 1 pound/week, you sound like you're doing well. I find I usually lose an extra pound or two after a "cheat" day...one splurge meal (usually eating out). I try to keep my cheat meals to once a week as I don't want to revert back to my old habits...and I try to make sure they still resemble something healthy (even if I just sub sweet potato fries for regular fries) ;)
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Dont get obsessed with the numbers. There are so many things going on with your body that effect your wieght that you cant control.
    The closer you get to your goal, the rate of lose will be less. That is just the way it is.
    How do you feel? Everyones first priority should be to be healthy.
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Do you use a HRM to judge your calorie burn when you work out? You may be burning more calories than MFP is estimating. I'm a firm believer that when you are hungry (truly hungry - not just a craving) than you need to eat`-even if it means going over your calories. Some days are just busier than others and we burn more calories with out even realizing it. I've had weeks on here when I went over my calories a few days in a row because i was busier and hungrier than usual and those are the weeks i had the highest weight loss! Remember this site is just a guideline with estimates - some times you have to play around with the numbers a little to find out what's best for you.
  • amcmillan730
    I have MFP set to lose 2 lbs a week. Its just for the past few weeks I've lost basically nothing. I feel like I'm not eating much... though I guess I am. I know the first few weeks was water weight...
  • amcmillan730
    Do you use a HRM to judge your calorie burn when you work out? You may be burning more calories than MFP is estimating. I'm a firm believer that when you are hungry (truly hungry - not just a craving) than you need to eat`-even if it means going over your calories. Some days are just busier than others and we burn more calories with out even realizing it. I've had weeks on here when I went over my calories a few days in a row because i was busier and hungrier than usual and those are the weeks i had the highest weight loss! Remember this site is just a guideline with estimates - some times you have to play around with the numbers a little to find out what's best for you.

I don't have a HRM... I've been thinking about it.. but they're too expensive for my wallet right now :(
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    It is so true about when you get closer to your goal, weight becomes a fickle thing. I'm very consistent in my goal accomplishment, but at times, I'll go through weeks of no loss at all! However, I take body measurements too and I always lose inches even though the scale is not moving. Most importantly, I'm starting to get a lean look. I can look at my body and even though the scale isn't telling me what I want to hear, my tummy is tighter, etc. Stick in there. You will see changes.
This discussion has been closed.