Men 320s to 200s Success Stories

Options

Replies

• Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all I started in July at 395 and I'm down to 320 my goal is 250 then I'll evaluate wether or not I want to shoot for lower. It's great to see that there are others out there.
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I started off at around 445 lbs. I slowly eased my way out of the 400s and just recently got out of the 300s. I currently weigh about 298 lbs. My next small goal is 250 lbs!

#Amazing. One thing that these naturally thin men forgot was that when us big guys get to our goal weights, the power will shift to us. We will make the goal weight look better than their natural weight!
  • Domineer
    Options
    I have gone from 375 down to 210 over the past 18 months... it is a battle every day, but one I like to think I am winning! Just set small goahelpd when you achieve them make more. Makes it easier to try to lose 5-10 lbs. than thinking about needing to lose 100+. I now need to work on building muscle. Would love to share photos, but I am not exactly sure how...

Google "free pic uploading". Then, take the " direct link" for the picture and paste it between direct link leaving no spacing. Hope this helps
  • Domineer
    Options
    I hope I look that good when I get to 246! I've gone from 306 to 268 so far.

You will man. Just keep at it. I was 268 in mid January and stuck with it. 246 is the lowest I've been in 10 years! If i can do it, so can you.
  • JimBarnhartMN
    JimBarnhartMN Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, My journey started in February of 2013. In the past 4 months I've went from 368 to now what is 247. I did this through diet and exercise. I try to hit th treadmill mostly doing about 2.75 miles on it in 30 minutes. I try to work out 6 times per week. I'm almost 51 years old and feeling great. It's getting tougher as I get down closer to my target. I have a little more to go, but would be happy staying at this weight if the body doesn't let me lose anymore. I'll never be a string bean, but being in the weight range I was in high school feels pretty damn good!

c1e7d634-b949-4f88-9a0c-123d535621ba_zps9505131e.jpg
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi, My journey started in February of 2013. In the past 4 months I've went from 368 to now what is 247. I did this through diet and exercise. I try to hit th treadmill mostly doing about 2.75 miles on it in 30 minutes. I try to work out 6 times per week. I'm almost 51 years old and feeling great. It's getting tougher as I get down closer to my target. I have a little more to go, but would be happy staying at this weight if the body doesn't let me lose anymore. I'll never be a string bean, but being in the weight range I was in high school feels pretty damn good!

Wow way to go! Have faith in yourself though, you've made it this far, so break the 200 mark!
  • tommytt39
    Options
    thats awesome im on a similar journey I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic and also I have high blood pressure I lost 13 pounds since february 20 which was my health screening for my job. i feel proud of the weight lose so far but still tracking my calories dailey and also working with a trainer. I will be at the 200 pound goal mark hopefully in a few months but I justed wanted to say great job on the weight loss story it is very inspiratioinal any help from weight loss stories means alot and will also help me thanks again for sharing your story good luck in goal
  • Domineer
    Options

Awesome progress!!!
  • doctrk
    doctrk Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    im glad I found this thread.
    im 53, over weight (350) and tired (of it)
    I started p90x on April 1 and lost 6 pounds this week. I just weigh in once a week, Mondays.
    my goal is 250 then we'll see where we go from there. BP is a tad high, I have planter fasciitis as well.
    when younger I was in good shape, what happened? geez.
    I know this is a journey with ups and downs. so im hoping you guys keep coming back with updates, it'll sure help
  • eldazzio
    eldazzio Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Started in November at 345lbs, sitting currently at 290lbs with another 70 ish lbs to go. Thanks for posting these guys, its very inspirational and motivating for me. :drinker:
  • canadafats
    Options
    Wow @Domineer! You look great, man! Congratulations.

It is very inspiring to see all of the success stories posted on this thread. I had posted another thread looking to connect with guys that are going through the same thing as I am. Please don't hesitate to send a friend request. I find the support to be top notch on MFP!
  • 939913noles
    Options
    You guys are awesome. Started 7 weeks ago at 364. Weighed in this morning at 339.6. Slow but steady, but I'm certain that is the way to keep the weight off. Also, I have to go get a new belt today, so that's a win!
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    fantastic!!
  • Domineer
    Options
    im glad I found this thread.
    im 53, over weight (350) and tired (of it)
    I started p90x on April 1 and lost 6 pounds this week. I just weigh in once a week, Mondays.
    my goal is 250 then we'll see where we go from there. BP is a tad high, I have planter fasciitis as well.
    when younger I was in good shape, what happened? geez.
    I know this is a journey with ups and downs. so im hoping you guys keep coming back with updates, it'll sure help

It happens to all of us, no matter the age. My bp and weight sky rocketed when I was 22, so I had to make a change. 325 on a 5'10 is no good, and my knees were the indication that something needed to be done quickly. This thread should be starred b/c a lot of men on here have hit 300 and hold on to that for some years. 200-220 lbs is a reasonable weight in my opinion. Keep at it and always refer back to this thread for motivation.
  • Domineer
    Options
    Lets keep this thread going everyone! It helps us connect with others in the same boat. Great posts so far.
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I started at 405 pounds in Feb. 2012. In October 2013, I hit my goal weight of 190 pounds. I have now been at my goal weight +/ 5 pounds for the past six months. I'm now focusing in decreasing my body fat percentage and improving my overall fitness. I do mostly walking, lifting weights, and swimming for exercise. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables and eat about six times a day with smaller portions.

Current Stats:
    Sex: Male
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 193
    chest: 41 inches
    waist: 35 inches
    hips: 39 inches
    mile swim: 34:30
    3 mile run: 23:30
    push-ups in one minute: 35

My lifestyle has completely changes. I'm now trying to find a good balance at maintaining a healthy weight.
  • canadafats
    Options
    I started at 405 pounds in Feb. 2012. In October 2013, I hit my goal weight of 190 pounds. I have now been at my goal weight +/ 5 pounds for the past six months. I'm now focusing in decreasing my body fat percentage and improving my overall fitness. I do mostly walking, lifting weights, and swimming for exercise. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables and eat about six times a day with smaller portions.

Current Stats:
    Sex: Male
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 193
    chest: 41 inches
    waist: 35 inches
    hips: 39 inches
    mile swim: 34:30
    3 mile run: 23:30
    push-ups in one minute: 35

My lifestyle has completely changes. I'm now trying to find a good balance at maintaining a healthy weight.
    Amazing weight loss story! Great job!
  • kdrats64
    kdrats64 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started MFP back in November of 2013. When I started I weighted in 330. As of today I have lost 42 pounds and am at 288. Still have a long way to go but enjoying the ride so far!
  • Domineer
    Options
    I started MFP back in November of 2013. When I started I weighted in 330. As of today I have lost 42 pounds and am at 288. Still have a long way to go but enjoying the ride so far!

288 feels a lot better than 330 I can tell you that. Keep up the hard work
  • robabob3
    robabob3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Started at 162+kg (357+ pounds or so) 162kg was the last weight my scale showed before i got the sorry your too overweight for this scale message. So I just took it as a starting weight

Sitting at 129kg now (284 pounds) just tagging this thread for when im 100kg (220 pounds) and can upload a full transformation w pics.

Already the changes are insane, congratulations to everyone on their efforts and successes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!