I swear by this shake! Meal replacement.

Options
I felt like I HAD to share this shake which I found out about a few weeks ago.

I do sports everyday (swimming/water polo), but I find it hard to eat 60mins prior to my trainings due to my busy schedule.
So keep on reading: a whole meal - in just under 1 minute.

It's pretty easy:
30gr whey
100gr oatmeal (putt it in a mixing machine/blender first so it's ground)
20gr cacao powder
400ml milk
(or after workout, add 50gr dextrose: this spikes your insulin levels which improves protein absorption)
and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!

It tastes great! Just like chocolate milk. OK, with a slight oatmeal flavour to it.
The whey gets your body the much desired protein, oatmeal complex carbs, cacao powder for antioxidants and milk, well, just for it's fabulous flavour.

Grand total: 750kcal (or 900kcal with dextrose).

Pretty neat huh?

Replies

• RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love doing meals in shake form like that. Sometimes it feels just more decidant. Especially with cocoa powder added : )

I can never get the oatmeal ground up enough for my liking. Really don't like textured shakes.

Thanks for sharing!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    " but I find it hard to eat 60mins prior to my trainings due to my busy schedule."

I wouldnt put 10 teaspoons of sugar on my pasta lunch, so that is not a meal replacement.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Sounded good until you mentioned adding Dextrose. I already add oats to my morning smoothie for breakfast but I'll have to try the cacao powder though. thanks for sharing :)
  • sanderdejonge
    sanderdejonge Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Sounded good until you mentioned adding Dextrose. I already add oats to my morning smoothie for breakfast but I'll have to try the cacao powder though. thanks for sharing :)

The dextrose is solely for the insulin spike if you take the shake post workout.
    I never add the dextrose Pre WO.

Oatmeal added to smoothies work great, too! But sometimes I just don't have enough time for that...and 100gr of oatmeal in a smoothie doesn't work out quite that well.

You're welcome!