Where will YOU be come Spring 2011?

Options
I feel like the hardest time of year is coming: winter! Holidays, candy, family dinners, 'heavier' foods, cold weather, gets dark early so you just want to hibernate. This seems to be when most people quit, until spring (or Jan. 1st!) when the light bulb goes on and people get the idea to start working out because they want to get in shape for summer. BUT...if you buckle down and stick with it all through the winter, you'll come out WAY ahead of the game and in spring and summer you get to enjoy the results of all of your hard work! :drinker:

What goals do you hope to have accomplished by then? My goal is to be in single digit jeans...I will do it!

So where will you be next spring? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    I want to be at my goal weight!! I have learned all things in moderation as far as the eating is concerned and I am actually looking forward to the change in weather thus forcing me to find a new way to exercise as I usually walk or ride my bike outdoors. I think I will be buying some new videos and shake it up! Good luck to us all!!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hopefully holding a first place Miss Figure Trophy!!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Right where I am now...maintaining. And come March 1, I'll be training for a half marathon!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'll be at my goal weight next May!
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Spring 2011 I'll be returning to work after my year of Maternity Leave (baby weight is gone already) and weighing at least another 15lbs lighter ~ that will make me the slimmest I've been in all my adult life!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Maintaining with a more toned body:flowerforyou: My winter goal is to come into spring with less jiggle:wink:
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I will be at goal weight next spring and my ultimate reward is to wear a bikini for the first time in my life, so I will most definitely be saying HELL to the NO to the bulk of holiday treats! This is too important to me. :)
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Maintaining!!
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hopefully, close to goal if not at it already by then! My whole outlook has changed, I really enjoy exercising and reaping the benefits...I could never go back to fat and flabby! I like the confidence I have in myself up to this point, it can only get better!!!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I agree with Laura80111: "less jiggle in the Spring!!!" We can do this! :drinker: (water)
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Maintaining goal weight and continuing with my eating and working out for life!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I plan to be at my goal by the end of February, so I should be maintaining by spring and LOVING it.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    In a Size 12 jeans!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    By Spring, I hope to have hit the -50 pound mark. My mother and I have a deal... if I lose 50 lbs, she will quit smoking. As you can see in my signature, I have a goal to be -55 lbs by March 7th, which is my son's 24th birthday. From my top weight (when I made the deal with my mom) I'm already down 23 pounds, so I'm almost halfway to Mom quitting. Good luck to you! I'm nervous about winter myself. My step-daughter and I have made a pact to be workout buddies over the winter.
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    I feel like the hardest time of year is coming: winter! Holidays, candy, family dinners, 'heavier' foods, cold weather, gets dark early so you just want to hibernate. This seems to be when most people quit, until spring (or Jan. 1st!) when the light bulb goes on and people get the idea to start working out because they want to get in shape for summer. BUT...if you buckle down and stick with it all through the winter, you'll come out WAY ahead of the game and in spring and summer you get to enjoy the results of all of your hard work! :drinker:

What goals do you hope to have accomplished by then? My goal is to be in single digit jeans...I will do it!

So where will you be next spring? :flowerforyou:

I tend to start working out in the winter. I live in Canada and it's generally cold in the winter, so going outside dripping in sweat in the winter is much nicer than doing it in the summer. Plus in the winter you wear more clothes, so your progress is hidden until you "unveil" it in the spring/summer! I find that it's so much more noticable that way. If I get into a habit over the cold season where nobody cares if I'm wearing bigger than normal clothes because everyone's covered in sweaters and pants anyways, then keeping that habit in the warmer months becomes easier.

So I guess my goal is to get into a routine this fall/winter so that the spring/summer isn't so hard! Bikini and short shorts next summer anyone?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited to work out in the winter...feel that cold air and then sweat and be warm! lol I don't know what my schedule's going to look like (getting a new hire at work and it will be a different semester so my hours may be completely different) but I hope to still be doing what I'm doing now... working out and eating clean!! :bigsmile: I want to feel like I'm "done" with the work out DVD I'm using now, No More Trouble Zones...so hopefully by spring of next year I'll be onto either Banish Fat Boost Metabolism or maybe even a beach body work out. If I have more time by then, possibly P90X! :happy:

Also, I'd love to be in a 10 ... once summer comes (again), I really want to have the dream body I was supposed to have THIS year but didn't thanks to some plateaus.
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    I like making the holiday treats, but don't really enjoy eating them. Cooking and baking for me is a stress reliever, the end result doesn't matter to me as much as the time I spent de-stressing.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Well, my numbers say I should be at my goal weight by feb 2011, so spring I should be able to work on toning my new thinner body and maintaining my jean size. (i know muscle weighs more so building it might put me up a few numbers)

I just wanna look super hot in spring/summer cloths next year basicly! less giggle when I wiggle.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    I'd love to hit my goal (20 lbs down) by my birthday (March 1 - 20 weeks from now), but I want to be realistic. If I am steadily losing and definitely not gaining then I am a-ok with dropping these pounds slower than 1lb/week. I just want to get through the winter without relapsing!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Ostara 2011 at Heavner Runestone, OK. Singing a song in Finnish at Grand Sumble. And I better look damn good cause my Thor's man's singin' too. :)