P90x, Turbo Fire, Intensity - Need some advice

Options
Hey everyone,
will be buying my copy today of one of the fore mentioned and wanting to know what you guys think. Which have you tried? Pro's/Con's? Trying to decide which is best for me right now. I definately want to build more muscle and lose some body fat. I don't have alot of weight to lose but need to amp up my cardio a bit. I run and walk every day and do strength training, yoga and basic calestenics already but not seeing the results that I am hoping for. What do you think??

Replies

• monstertwelve
    Options
    i actually just bought p90x today and am waiting for it to come in...so i have not tried it yet but have heard some WONDERFUL things about it and have seen even better results!!!!!
    hope this helps a little! :)
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    If you mean Insanity*, I LOVE it! Lots of cardio and there is still some strength training

After I completed my first round, I actually missed doing it and than 2 weeks later I started round two.

All programs are great and is tough to pick which program. I want Turbo Fire or Charlean Extreme (reminds me of a female version of P90X) after I completed my 2nd round.

If you can't decide which one, I would suggest to pick the fitness trainer that will motivate you the most. This is why I love Shaun T. Whether he is his flamboyant self in Hip Hop Abs or the tough Shaun T, he keeps me motivated! =)
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I agree with Cina - some people like different trainers better. I will say that I have never not had a good workout with one of Beachbody's programs. Even last night in my fit club, we did Sculpt 1-2 from Power 90 which is a very simple precursor DVD To P90X and I still left in a big ol' sweat. I personally love P90X. We are on our 3rd round, but I am not very "dancey" so I don't know that TurboFire would be the best fit for me. Though I love Chalene. Insanity is great and I love Shaun T in both Hip Hop Abs and Insanity.
  • jmmcclel
    jmmcclel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    will be buying my copy today of one of the fore mentioned and wanting to know what you guys think. Which have you tried? Pro's/Con's? Trying to decide which is best for me right now. I definately want to build more muscle and lose some body fat. I don't have alot of weight to lose but need to amp up my cardio a bit. I run and walk every day and do strength training, yoga and basic calestenics already but not seeing the results that I am hoping for. What do you think??

You sound like your pretty loaded with exercises already. Make sure your not overdoing it or your muscles will go through atrophy. In all honesty, your cardio shouldn't take up anymore then 30mins-40mins a day 3x/week. I wrote a paper on HIIT training and its relation to cardiovascular long term benifits and used publications from Dr. Louis Ignarro to back up the findings. Essentially, increasing the intensity of your workouts and shortening the duration improves the bodys ATP rate.

Long story short, the guy who created p90x understoud those basic rules and organized it into a workout for people who didn't know how to create their own routines.

Hit up some research on HIIT training before you buy p90x. Most people who read about it find that they can work the theories into their regular exercise routines and they have better results.

EDIT:
    This is a great website to reference.

http://www.intervaltraining.net/hiit.html
  • MardellD
    Options
    thanks everyone.

Yes I did mean Insanity, gotta love when you combine a remark you are going to make and a name :S better proof reading needed obviously
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    lol at first I was thinking maybe she wants a to increase the intensity of P90X and Turbo Fire =)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I've done both. Completed both. Depends on what your looking for. A more cadio based program is Insanity or more if a tone/sculpt program P90X. Both are great. I hear alot of good things on turbofire. Just depends on what you like to do more.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Of the three you mentioned, the only one I've done is P90X. It's a great program, but I agree with everyone who said to find the trainer you relate to best. For me, that's Debbie Siebers. I did Slim in 6 twice and P90X three times, but the program I like best hands down is Slim Series, which is the follow-up to Slim in 6. It gives you more variety (six different workouts) and more strength training than Slim in 6 but more cardio than P90X. It's the perfect balance for me, and I think it's a program that often gets overlooked.