its Oct 1, do you know what that means?

Options
UH OH............BOOO................

well, this to me, is the official start of the holidays.
Halloween, lots of candy, then Thanksgiving, then the Jewish holidays, Christamas, Quanza, New Years, and all the eating and drinking

well folks, Im pledging NOT to eat my way in to oblivian like I have done for years..........I pledge to stay on my diet

there, I said it and I pledged it...........

These holidays this year are going to be different from the ones in the past, you know holidays , when and where you eat , eat and then eat.
Family comes over, *****es and complains, you gotta clean for days before they ever show up ,and make sure you have everything they want, leaving left overs and sarcastic comments about how the "food tasted" or " why did they have this, or why didnt they have that?"...sound familiar?

Im staying focused, its not gonna happen. Im not allowing myself to get caught in a trap and feel crappy the next day......with my menu planner Im focused , staying focused, and Im making sure my gym has holidays open...........

case closed, Im continuing my life style journey for a healthier lifestyle with necessary changes. i PLEDGE TO MY NFP Family, Im staying focused.

Bah Humbug to anyone out to sabatoge me.................Happy Holidays Ya, ll...............Lloyd

Replies

• dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Go to it!!!! I plan to enjoy my family this holiday season and not make it all about the food. Focus on the people and focus on myself and my children. I'm not saying we won't have our holiday baking cookies session....but instead of eating them all, we will take them down to the shelter. This year is our opportunity to change our focus and make "new" normals.
  • jhoyett
    jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's VERY brave of you. This is my absolute favortie time of the year, but I always end up hating myself after the new year. I'm hoping my fellow MFPers will keep me on track this year too!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I have found the solution. My daughter is having Thanksgiving at her house this year! I'm going over to help cook and clean, but my holiday will be MUCH more stress free than usual. I hope it's like this EVERY year from now on!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Poor baby! I am so glad my sibs are about 1500 miles away! We are so sweet to each other from that distance!!! ;)
    I agree--there are a lot of pitfalls in the coming months, but these wonderful computers have access to low-fat versions of quite a few tasty foods. I have survived Easter, several birthday BBQs, July 4th, Labor Day, so I have the resolve to survive the coming 6 months, too. The trick is to have a buffet dinner set up and do not stand next to that table! Dance, walk around and visit all your guests, put 60% veggies on your plate and dollups (small) of the more fattening items. Have fruits and yogurt among the other desserts on the table. Drink lots of water, with a fruit garnish placed strategically on or in the glass. You get the idea.
    Have a fabulous time in the coming seasons! :drinker: (fancy water)
  • angelascott919
    Options
    I'm with you... past years I have baked, cooked and eaten myself silly. This year I will be more consious of what I am eating. I will continue to avoid the cakes, cookies and alcoholic drinks. It is a fun time of year but I want to be able to enjoy more of them in years to come, not continue to kill myself one holiday at a time and see fewer of them.

I will also continue to exercise no matter how cold it gets or how much snow falls.

Thanks for the inspiration.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I love the Holiday Dinners at my home. Usually 15 to 20 friends and family members. I do all the menu planning and cooking. I love to try new things. Everyone that shows knows what to expect. If they are unhappy with some aspect of the meal, they are welcome to keep it to themselves until I step out into the back for my after dinner Jack and Cigar. Then they can b*tch amongst themselves. If they have been unhappy, it never gets back to me.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    For me it means that Thanksgiving is next weekend!. My menu is fully planned

Artichoke, prawn & parmesan dip with baquette
    Cornish Hens
    Scalloped White & Sweet Potatoes
    Sauteed Green Beans
    Carrot and Turnip Mash
    Homemade Bread with butter
    Pumpkin Pie
    Apple Crisp
    Chocolate Mousse