Greetings!! Hola!!

Texas Mommy
Texas Mommy Posts: 8
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello Everyone!!

I am new to the site and I am super impressed with all of the features available!! I am a mommy of two and have just not lost the weight like I would have liked to after my second child, which was 13 months ago!! My clothes are not fitting...and I refuse to purchase a whole new wardrobe!! Any suggestions would be great. My husband and I lift weights in our garage; however, I don't get to do as much cardio as I would like to. Working full time and having two children takes up every waking moment. I am ready to drop the weight!!

Thanks for listening to me babble!!

Christi

Replies

• Hello Everyone!!

I am new to the site and I am super impressed with all of the features available!! I am a mommy of two and have just not lost the weight like I would have liked to after my second child, which was 13 months ago!! My clothes are not fitting...and I refuse to purchase a whole new wardrobe!! Any suggestions would be great. My husband and I lift weights in our garage; however, I don't get to do as much cardio as I would like to. Working full time and having two children takes up every waking moment. I am ready to drop the weight!!

Thanks for listening to me babble!!

Christi
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    welcome, I hope this site helps! :flowerforyou:
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Welcome to MFP, just ask for help if you have any questions.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
    My advise-
    read this
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
    All great info.
    Good luck to you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,323 Member
    Welcome! I would say read as many of the past posts as you have time for, and journal EVERY thing you eat and all your exercise. I have a ba-jillion posts for you to reference, but these two are really good ones:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

~Cheryl :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you all for such the warm welcome. The past few days I have successfully navigated around here, and I am addicted!! I have never had such a passion about staying on track and I give credit to how wonderful this website is.

Thank you!!

Texas Mommy
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Greetings Texas! I'm happy you've found this site, I think you'll find it most helpful!

Bellydance is a very enjoyable feminine artform that combines toning and cardio...I've lost about 20lbs just from dancing and another 15 since I joined MFP and started eating healthy and using the food diary to keep my calorie intake incheck.

From experience I can tell you, and I used to weight train and run with Marines, nothing will tone up the lower abdominals and the rest of the body, plus increase flexibility, stamina and spiritual health, like bellydance.

p.s. I was born in San Antonio!
This discussion has been closed.