How should I log hours at work on a salesfloor?

Options
I work at a retail store and I'm usually in a fitting room. Usually that means that I'm on my feet and walking, usually carrying things back onto the floor for most of my shift. Sometimes I'm just standing though. How should I log this? I'm sure it should count for something.

Replies

• beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I don't log work ever or cleaning the house or stuff like that. I feel like people are really stretching for more calories when they log stuff like that. If it's part of my daily life, it clearly wasn't enough exercise to count before so I'm not going to count it now.
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    When you registered for the site, you should have told it your daily level of activity - that is where you log your work hours. That is your activity level.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    When you registered for the site, you should have told it your daily level of activity - that is where you log your work hours. That is your activity level.

This^^^^^. then only add in your structured exercise.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Its not really exercise, its just daily activity.

So just log yourself as active. Its what I do, as Im also on my feet all day running around.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    You could always get a pedometer app or a cheap pedometer and use that to work out calories- but you'd have to make sure your activity level was set lower on here so it didn't already account for it.
  • sheskimtastic
    Options
    I'm on my feet all day at work too. When I set up my account I put myself as lightly active and it is working out just fine.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Either set your MFP activity level to something other than Sedentary or leave it Sedentary and try something like a FitBit (other devices are available, I just happen to have one of these).