Saturday Sabatage HELP!!!

Options
Hi Friends! The reason Im writing in is because it will be my mothers 61st birthday tomorrow. There will be cake,sweets,BBQ,Macaroni Salad, Carb, Carbs and more Carbs along with tons of Alcoholic Beverages! So this is my first week on the plan and Im going strong. I know I will not lose my cool but my question is....Are there any type of drinks I can get away with drinking even if I pay for it the next day at the gym? Such as Vodka, or anything hard. I dont drink beer. HELP! ;) Thanks! Oh and Happy Friday!!!

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Vodka is okay for a low carb diet.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Rum and diet is only like calories I think
  • oddsonv
    oddsonv Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I know I am going to be drinking I do vodka/crystal light. Just bring some with you and mix it up. It is pretty tasty. I wouldn't over do it because that alcohol will make you retain water so off set it with drinking a lot of water too. Good luck. You'll do fine!
  • ghalliday
    ghalliday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Vodka & diet coke :-) Or white wine and soda if u like vino :-) ( more for the ladies) Enjoy!!! :happy:
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If you are going to drink liquor, sticking with non-calorie mixers will help keep you on track - Vodka with seltzer and a splash of lime, rum and diet coke. I also like to log my alcohol ahead of time, and set myself a goal - "I will have 3 drinks today" - it helps keep my mind focused ahead of time. In terms of food, if there is veggies or light options available, fill up half your plate with those first. Then put the carby-goodness on the other side, but since you only have half a plate left you will have to pick which ones you like best, or just take really small portions of everything.

Good luck!! Parties are hard when you are trying to be healthy! I like your plan of spending more time at the gym the next day. Let us know how it went!
  • blumuse
    blumuse Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I looked this up recently and found this link helpful: http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/calories/calories_in_alcohol/calories_in_whisky.html
    (if you scroll down the page it lists other types of alcohol - beer, cider, wine etc).

None of it very good for you because your body will burn the calories from alcohol before it starts on your fat, but armed with knowledge you can adjust diet/excercise accordingly.

Good luck -- I'd be in sooo much trouble with the BBQ and macaroni salad! Sounds great and happy bday to your mom!
  • Bluediesel
    Options
    Thanks SO Much! That was super helpful and a great I idea. I will def try that!
  • Bluediesel
    Options
    Thanks So Much! I will and def keep you updated Thanks!
  • Bluediesel
    Options
    Thanks for the link!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Also it's ok - even recommended - to have a splurge day once a week or so. Not go crazy with it, but don't freak out if you're over. I've been doing it since I started and I've lost 16 pounds so far.
  • mikamom
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. Tomorrow is my daughters first birthday and we are going to have pizza for the kids, pulled pork sandwiches for the adults, ice cream cake, and soda...ALL of which are my guilty pleasures.

Vodka with Diet coke is okay.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I looked this up recently and found this link helpful: http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/calories/calories_in_alcohol/calories_in_whisky.html
    (if you scroll down the page it lists other types of alcohol - beer, cider, wine etc).

This is great, but make sure you look at the serving size - 25 ml is only about 80% of a 'standard' 1 oz shot - many times a drink has at least 2!