Life after breastfeeding

christina1109
christina1109 Posts: 84
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I'm trying to find out if there is any hope for "my girls" to rebound just a little bit after breastfeeding. I know that they will NEVER go back to the way they were before I had kids, I'm just hoping that I can help them a little through exercise.

I was a 36D before I had kids and after I am now a 40DD. Any help on exercises that would tone my chest besides push-ups and bench press?

Thanks.

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    You probably will lose some of your "chestiness" with exercise.... I lost quite a bit, which I didn't really want to happen, because I was a happy 38c... But now I am inbetween the smallest C size and the biggest B size... which was a little sad to me. But yes, you will probably see some improvement in size. Also, Jillian Michaels claims that chest workouts do give you a slight lift.... I am hoping that works for me. Try chest flys. You can google it and see how the exercise is done. I love them. They work your arms as well. Best of luck!
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    So, I take it you are still breastfeeding right? After I stopped breastfeeding, my girls were very noticeably smaller (which I was very happy about). I have read that they can change in many ways and that they can continue changing for about a year after you stop breastfeeding. But, yes, I think any chest exercises you do will improve the appearance of the girls, giving them a good base.
  • Right now I'm only nursing at night and supplementing during the day. With my first child the exploded and never really went back down, now I'm on baby 2 and want that part of me more than anything to shrink the most.
  • Can any of you ladies tell me how I should be tracking things or what I should change during pregnancy? I've just discovered I'm expecting! :happy: Super happy about it because my hubby and I had a failed attempt earlier this year. :frown: Just wondering if there is anything on MFP that will help you track your pregnancy? (I've noticed some people have pregnancy tickers) How I can find out where I should be at? What is healthy for weight gain? When should I start gaining? Sorry..don't mean to change the topic on Christina (and best of luck with your girls - I'll be glad to gain a bit in that department :wink: )...I just don't wanna post a new thread, as I'm not ready to share this new predicament with any of my friends and family yet. Would appreciate some insight from those of you who have been through it.
This discussion has been closed.