Lost 35 lbs in 3 months :) 5'5 ladies~ With pics!

Options
I was always a thin child but my body caught up to my crazy food habits midway through high school. My size 4 body when to a size 12 in a year it would seem. I didn't have very good self esteem to begin with so it hurt me to see that i didnt embrace myself at my best.

After high school my parents and I lost everything. I was unable to go to college and I had to work to survive. When things seem a little stable I ended up quitting my job to work out. I worked in a deli so food was everywhere and I hated it. I quit my job in April of 2011 and I would jog in the early AM and I would also jog in the nighttime. I added inline skating into my routine and DDR. I didn't really focus on my looks or anything. I was happy to be sweaty and not wear makeup for once. I would through my hair in a pony tail and lose myself in my music while I ran. When I started in April I couldn't even manage a mile. I went from that to jogging at least 3-5 miles a day. I even started jogging without music and started chatting with friends while we jogged the neighborhood.

I became a bad *kitten* without even knowing it. After 3 months my body changed. The cellulite I had was almost gone! I was able to dress up and look like a young girl and not a middle aged chubby lady. It was awesome. Most importantly, I took control of my life during such a bad time. Especially because we were losing our home yet again and I had no friends or family who could take me in. For months my runs were the only thing keeping me together. Realistically I had to work again and I did. It was a nice break especially because I worked since I was 14. In august I stopped working out because I ended up moving 300 miles away to live with a friend of my fiancee. As I adjusted to the new area and work and having a place of my own I stopped running. Before I lived like .5 miles from a track so it was easy for me to go workout.
:( this made me super sad because i worked so hard for it. Instead I started cycling. Within two years I gained back my weight.
So now I'm telling you that I started my routine again. I run on pavement and a track. I think treadmills are a joke. I feel like i dont get as much out of it.

This is what I looked like at my heaviest weight:
2lo3r4j.jpg
zu2lw0.jpg

In those pictures I weighed somewhere between 180 and 190.

After 3 months of jogging in hot weather and occasional inline skating This is how i looked after I shaped up.
mj5udj.jpg
358qxl2.jpg

The thing I noticed that toned the most was my legs of course. Which is fine by me. In this weird photo below you can see how much my legs toned up.

jim8sy.jpg

5kqe4m.png

My ending weight was in the 150's. I think I got lower than that but I didn't focus on my weight. I never weighed myself until December that year.

I do not count my calories. I just use my best judgment. I feel like counting calories and logging things is like watching a pot boil. It doesn't boil fast enough and you become impatient.

I'm sure all of you are like... " why post this if you gained weight back from not working out..."

well because even though i gained it back from being a fatty I know I can always look back at this time and see when I kicked *kitten* and it helps me want to see through to it again. I mean.. I was on the verge of being homeless with no place to go and I still found myself working on my fitness. It kept me from going insane.

Another thing i try to keep in mind is that just because i stopped doesn't mean i need to start all over again you know? Just because your car got a flat doesn't mean you need to change all the other tires too. This journey doesn't end when you lose the weight. it goes on and on.

It also helped me realize I was wrong. I thought that when I was a size 4 that It was my best. Now I know that's now true. When I worked my hardest to change myself I was at my best. I earned it.

For my food intake all I can say is I drank so much water which for me is a miracle because I NEVER drank water. I drank like 2 liters of coke in 2 days. For my food I would go by acmes and get a salad or something or if i was craving bad food I would get Chinese.

I hope all of you got something positive out my post and I hope to continue this journey and this time maintain it.

This is what I look like now BTW for anyone curious. I'm still thick in the arms and hips/legs.
2ytr211.jpg

Im super pumped to create something wonderful and I hope you all feel the same way too.

Replies

• SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    hi amelie :)

i dont know if other people can see your photos but i cannot. however, i looked at your profile pics and think that you are a very beautiful girl, dont ever forget it! :)

it sounds like youve had a very hard life, but it made you who are today. everything is good for something! good for you that you managed to turn things around and take charge of your life, shows how strong you really are.

also, a nice quote just came to mind:

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”

― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    AmelieMustLoseWeight Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    hi amelie :)

i dont know if other people can see your photos but i cannot. however, i looked at your profile pics and think that you are a very beautiful girl, dont ever forget it! :)

it sounds like youve had a very hard life, but it made you who are today. everything is good for something! good for you that you managed to turn things around and take charge of your life, shows how strong you really are.

also, a nice quote just came to mind:

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”

― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

That is such a lovely quote. It's true. I think some of the most well received people in our life time have stood out for there ability to overcome adversity.

I hope my pictures are visible! I'll have to see what I can do to fix it.

You're right. I have had one tough time. I have been homeless with my family on and off since I was 7. It wasn't until I was off on my own that I realized I can create a secure life for myself. I got caught up trying to find stability that I started gaining it back slowly. I feel much older than I really am because of how aware I was to the situation I grew up in. My parents tried but couldn't figure out how to make things work.

Thank you for the kind words about my appearance! I was bullied often when I was young and I was told often that I was ugly and dirty because I was poor. So learning to look kindly onto myself has been a journey on it;s own.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    So learning to look kindly onto myself has been a journey on it;s own.

its one of the most important lessons in life, in my opinion. :) you need to love yourself first and be happy with yourself, enjoy your own company before you can be good company for others.

i just learned this at age 30... but better late than never! :)
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    So learning to look kindly onto myself has been a journey on it;s own.

its one of the most important lessons in life, in my opinion. :) you need to love yourself first and be happy with yourself, enjoy your own company before you can be good company for others.

i just learned this at age 30... but better late than never! :)

I recently watched this and It's helped me a great deal to see both sides of the spectrum.

I really love TEDtalks. Some of them can be boring but most are insightful and intresting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM4Xe6Dlp0Y
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options

I'm sure all of you are like... " why post this if you gained weight back from not working out..."

well because even though i gained it back from being a fatty I know I can always look back at this time and see when I kicked *kitten* and it helps me want to see through to it again.

It also helped me realize I was wrong. I thought that when I was a size 4 that It was my best. Now I know that's not true. When I worked my hardest to change myself I was at my best. I earned it.

I hope all of you got something positive out my post and I hope to continue this journey and this time maintain it.

Im super pumped to create something wonderful and I hope you all feel the same way too.

Wow girl, you almost made me cry. Everything you wrote was just so beautiful and inspiring. And you are so right when you said that your best was not when you were a size 4, but when you had worked so hard to change yourself. Nothing is or feels better than when you work hard to earn something. Yes you inspired me! I can tell your pumped, and thank you for sharing your story to help other get pumped too!

My profile picture is of my about 7 years ago. That was taken at a time that I had been working out, eating better, and had worked very hard to improve my fitness. Some people may wonder why I choose to have such an old picture up, since it does not represent who I am now, but I have it there as a reminder to myself of what I once was able to work hard to achieve. We got this!!

**Oh, and you are gorgeous! So sorry that people ever made you feel like you were dirty and ugly because you were poor. Your beauty goes beyond your photos though, and that is truly a gift.**
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options

well because even though i gained it back from being a fatty I know I can always look back at this time and see when I kicked *kitten* and it helps me want to see through to it again.

It also helped me realize I was wrong. I thought that when I was a size 4 that It was my best. Now I know that's not true. When I worked my hardest to change myself I was at my best. I earned it.

Wow girl, you almost made me cry. Everything you wrote was just so beautiful and inspiring. And you are so right when you said that your best was not when you were a size 4, but when you had worked so hard to change yourself. Nothing is or feels better than when you work hard to earn something. Yes you inspired me! I can tell your pumped, and thank you for sharing your story to help other get pumped too!

My profile picture is of my about 7 years ago. That was taken at a time that I had been working out, eating better, and had worked very hard to improve my fitness. Some people may wonder why I choose to have such an old picture up, since it does not represent who I am now, but I have it there as a reminder to myself of what I once was able to work hard to achieve. We got this!!

**Oh, and you are gorgeous! So sorry that people ever made you feel like you were dirty and ugly because you were poor. Your beauty goes beyond your photos though, and that is truly a gift.**

Don't cry! It's gonna be okay :laugh:

I'm glad that you feel inspired. I'm always hesitant to show my past photos of my successes because lately i haven't dished out anything as great but that why I have the pictures to inspire me. ( Just like with your profile picture) Which is gorgeous btw!

It's important to be comfortable in your own skin. So many people are (were) bullied like me who end up never embracing themselves because other people put false notions in there heads.

I'm glad that your pumped! I know we are all going to kick some *kitten* with this fitness.
    when I was younger I thought thin was beautiful now I am excited to have muscle. I miss my legs being thick and powerful.

Again, Thank you for the compliment. I'm still trying to find confidence so i can be the best person i can. Looks may not be everything but its a good way to start.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!