Giving Up Something in October

Options
Don't forget October is the month we are going to try and give something
up we like but can do with out. I'm giving up diet coke for 31 days.
If you fall off the wagon just get back on it the next day
Wish me luck. And good luck to all those that want to give up too

Replies

• doggiemomma
    Options
    I will give up Mt. Dew. You have NO IDEA how hard that will be for me. I am totally addicted to those. OK I will not have MT DEW in October.......
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm quitting smoking :smokin:
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You'll do great! I should be doing the same on diet soft drinks but that is my weakness. I am going to think of something else for right now. I have already gave up french fries and broke my habit of ordering combo meals at fast food restaurants the last two months. :flowerforyou:
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i will give up sitting on my tush on weekends
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You'll do great! I should be doing the same on diet soft drinks but that is my weakness. I am going to think of something else for right now. I have already gave up french fries and broke my habit of ordering combo meals at fast food restaurants the last two months. :flowerforyou:

I did that too..large everything...
  • JoyJulRay
    Options
    i will give up sitting on my tush on weekends

Wish my husband would give that one up too
    I can never get him off the couch for ANYTHING
  • JennineE
    JennineE Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Challenge! As bad as this sounds I usually go to McDonalds on my way home from work on Monday's. I go into the office once a week because I live an hour and a half away and for some reason McDonalds always seems like a good idea one my way home. I am going to give up that weekly stop to McDonalds! This will help with me with trying to lose weight and help to save a few dollars during the week!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i have really noticed the shorter days and how the sun is not around shining in my windows in the morning. i hate the dreary fall and winter mornings! i allow myself the bad habit of waiting for the sun to really brighten my room before getting up (and that sometimes causes me to be late).

i am going to give up SLEEPING IN for the month of october. (wait.. did i say that out loud? am i really going to do this?)
  • mable10
    mable10 Posts: 39
    Options
    chips...corn chips, doritos, bbq, sour cream and onion....all of them gone for october!
  • Mari1969
    Options
    I think I will try giving up Diet Coke too. That is going to be hard. I have limited it to one a day so maybe it will not be so bad :)
  • JoyJulRay
    Options
    I think I will try giving up Diet Coke too. That is going to be hard. I have limited it to one a day so maybe it will not be so bad :)

One a day is all I drink too, the rest of the day is water water water
  • shannie_134
    Options
    Well not sure to give up as stopped most of the naughty things I was having every day earlier in the year and if have them now its about once a week.
    Ok I am only having it once a week but no chocolate for October.
  • lkwilkey
    Options
    why is evryone giving up diet coke? it has zero calories.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    OMGosh I can't believe I"m saying it but...................I'm giving up my Diet Mt. Dew. sad: I'm a bit late as we are already in the month but I'll extend it thru November. No more pop for me. What have I gotten myself into? LOL
  • doggiemomma
    Options
    How has everyone been doing with their "Giving something up". I gave up Mt Dew and I have managed to avoid it all month. I am so proud of myself. YEAH ME!!!!!
  • JoyJulRay
    Options
    I gave up diet coke and Im so proud to say that its been 28 days since my last diet coke.
    I was going to repost asking everyone how they did at giving up something,
    Way to go on giving up the dew, do you think you will drink them again, I think Im going to try for another
    month. This time I will give up ALL sodas,
  • doggiemomma
    Options
    Well I gave up Soda all the way around. I have had no sodas at all. As to will I go back, I don't know. I am afraid that if I do, I will go right back to the way I was before and then sabotage everything I have worked for.

Congrats on the Diet Coke.
  • shannie_134
    Options
    Well 2 hours left of October for me(London England) I did go the whole month without chocolate.I have a treat for tomorrow but did not miss chocolate as much as I thought I would.I am going to try and limit chocolate to once a week from now on.
    Congratulations to all who managed to stick with giving something up for the month:flowerforyou:
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I hope there's something like this for November! Sounds like a great idea, there's a few things I'd like to give up!

L.