One Arm Overhead Extension - Triceps

Options
Does anyone know another name for this exercise? I am trying to find it to log. Does anyone know where I can find a list of exercises with maybe pictures as I have no idea what they are all called :-) Thanks

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know another name for this exercise?

A waste of time. :bigsmile:

For an explanation of that snarky comment, Google "compound vs. isolation exercises", and also "spot reduction myth".

It's called the 1-arm Overhead Triceps Extension. I don't think it's in the database, but you can select Triceps Extension, which is close enough.
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can find a list of exercises with maybe pictures as I have no idea what they are all called

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/?mcid=facetraining
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

For an explanation of that snarky comment, Google "compound vs. isolation exercises", and also "spot reduction myth".

It's called the 1-arm Overhead Triceps Extension. I don't think it's in the database, but you can select Triceps Extension, which is close enough.

y r isolation exercises a waste of time? and how do we know the OP is trying to spot reduce?

what IS a waste of time is using MFP for logging strength work. just log the whole session under cardio as strength training. use an app like jefit if you want to track your weight/sets/reps
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Isolation movements aren't a waste of time, and why would you think that OP is doing nothing but triceps extensions? That's a whole lot of assumptions made about a simple question.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know another name for this exercise? I am trying to find it to log. Does anyone know where I can find a list of exercises with maybe pictures as I have no idea what they are all called :-) Thanks

here you go:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/dumbbell-one-arm-triceps-extension
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

y r isolation exercises a waste of time? and how do we know the OP is trying to spot reduce?

what IS a waste of time is using MFP for logging strength work. just log the whole session under cardio as strength training. use an app like jefit if you want to track your weight/sets/reps

I second the jefit app! I'm loving it so far.

A combo of compound and isolation lifts are good things ... no need to hate on isos.