Sweating more...

redhotsmacker
redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
So recently I have noticed that during my workouts I am sweating a lot more! Not sure why, but it is the same workout, I should be getting used to it more, but I find that the more used to it I get the more I sweat....

Is this a good thing?

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    I don't think sweating is a problem...just make sure you kick up your water consumption and perhaps an extra dash of sodium if you're not already over.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    It means you are healthier :)
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    I am sweating more now too BUT I attribute that to not being dehydrated anymore. Before I started tracking water intake I was probably NOT drinking enough water. Now that I am it seems that I am having much more sweaty workouts. I would always complain to my trainer that I "just don't sweat" ... now I do :)
  • pizzy
    pizzy Posts: 47
    it also means that youve been drinking alot of water, if you didnt sweat that wouldnt be good, sweating is good. and dont feel to bad due to my meds im on, it makes me sweat even when im sitting in front of and a/c.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Your body is working more efficiently, hence you are healthier! Good job!!!!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    My daughter is experiencing the same thing, her sweating is excessive to begin with and now it is worse. She for sure is drinking way more water than ever before and working out hard.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    I agree with the water consumption. I drink tons of water and last night doing my tubo jam workout that I have been doing twice a week for weeks suddenly my shoulders were sweating. LOL
    It makes me feel great to break a serious sweat.
  • redhotsmacker
    Thanks for every ones replies! I never thought of drinking more water would lead to more sweating LOL....duh! moment apparently....But I am glad to know that it means I am working more efficiently and becoming healthier!

:):):) : )
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    The healthier you are, the better your body is able to cool itself by sweating.
  • redhotsmacker
    The healthier you are, the better your body is able to cool itself by sweating.

I don't think I ever thought about it like that...makes sense!!!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Thanks for every ones replies! I never thought of drinking more water would lead to more sweating LOL....duh! moment apparently....But I am glad to know that it means I am working more efficiently and becoming healthier!

:):):) : )

Water intake has nothing to do with it. Increased sweating is a normal adaptation to exercise. Some people think that if you are more fit you should sweat less, but the opposite is true. It does mean that the body is more efficient at cooling itself.

Under normal circumstances there should be no concern about sodium loss. As the body adapts, sweat volume increases but it also becomes more diluted.
This discussion has been closed.