Take that...P word!!!

Options
After a month and half of staying within the same weight I have finally got through the dreaded p word [plateau]. I changed up my workout routine two weeks ago and I have been dedicated to my food journal. I am so glad I didnt give up. I weighed in at the gym morning and was so happy I could cry. :smile: For those of you in a plateau change up your routine. I dont like change when I have a certain set routine but it paid off. I am so thankful for my fitness pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yep ... I didn't lose weight on my weigh in day and people suggested some stuff to me and I took that to hear and made the change immediately. This was Wednesday of this past week. I weighed in yesterday morning and wad down 1 lb and then I weighed in this morning and was down another pound :) Change is good :)
  • oddsonv
    oddsonv Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nice job ladies!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Did you change up the actual exercises? I have been thinking of trying to raise my heartrate but stick doing the same cardio exercise cause it's easy on my knees.
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    I have knee issues as well. When breaking a plateau I either increasing intensity (in my case hand weights while cardio), increasing the duration or adding another workout day for a few weeks.

You can also try boosting where you eat under 200 calories for two days and add those 400 calories to the third day.
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    Thank you all....jtuner I did change up my excercise routine. I was doing jillian michaels 30 day shred at home 3 days a week. I joined a gym two weeks ago and I go Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with a big emphasis on cardio. Tuesdays and Thursdays I walk for 30 minutes around my apartment complex. msemejuru-Thanks for the good idea. Ill have to give it a try.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!