Eat More to Lose Weight...

StarryEyedGirl
StarryEyedGirl Posts: 585
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss

Replies

• MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Thanks! Going to go read it right now :smile:
  • I agree! It's true, I was so hungry at 2 pounds a week weight loss goal that I had to change my goal to 1 pound a week. Now I don't always eat all my exercise calories, because I am genuinely not hungry. I still lost 2 pounds and I feel better. I don't think I was as sedentary as I thought I was. I believe I wanted a quick fix and it isn't realistic for me. The low calories goal sets me up for starvation/stalled weight loss (scale disappointment), overeating, hating myself because I did break down and overeat. The overeating is a result of my under-eating.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    :flowerforyou: Great info!
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    bump:flowerforyou:

Great article!!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    I eat alot of bell peppers mushrooms and onions in everything from a 1/4 cup of rice to pasta...
  • YES! This is a great article!

Not only will slower weight loss keep you from starving, but you're also not destroying your metabolism or cannibalizing your precious muscles!

Slow and steady wins the race. I lost 100 lbs 10 years ago. I lost 60 lbs the slow and steady way and then got impatient and lost 40 lbs by jacking up my cardio and eating around 1200 calories a day. Guess how much I've gained back over the years? Almost exactly 40 lbs. And I've been losing and regaining these 40 lbs for years until recently: I've resigned myself to doing it the right way.

If this article appeals to you, you should definitely check out the Fat2Fit podcasts. They are incredibly informative.

Thanks for posting!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    bump, gonna read it now....
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Great article!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    LOL, I just have to chuckle. I went onto that site and looked around after reading the article (which was great BTW) and went into their calculators. I think something is wrong. Apparently my ideal weight range for my height is 12 to 15 pounds, and my current caloric needs are 245 a day to maintain my weight.
This discussion has been closed.