Egg Whites and Cholesterol

Options
So much confusing information on egg whites. When adding my scrambled egg whites to my diary the database has some selections with 0 cholesterol and some with 200 plus for two egg whites. Anybody have the definitive answer?

Replies

• nikki91950
    Options
    to my knowledge, egg whites have 0 cholesterol.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    No cholesterol or saturated fat in egg whites...it's all in the yolk.
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    0 - no cholesterol in egg whites

Here's the USDA website where I got my info for egg whites only -

http://reedir.arsnet.usda.gov/codesearchwebapp/(bqggbz45o5krqu45tlxidfqq)/measures.aspx?id=31108010

Here's the USDA web link to find out the nutritional info in any food -

http://reedir.arsnet.usda.gov/codesearchwebapp/(y1nrupjisixtxc45pjsgaxqv)/codesearch.aspx
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    A lot of confusing info out there on eggs in general. I eat whole eggs not whites. Unless you need to watch your cholesterol as told by a doctor or family history you don't necessarily have to eat just whites. There's more to it than these three sentences and it might vary person to person on what is best, ,but there's a lot of good in the yellows too, some of it is even good cholesterol and decent fats. (granted you still have to stay in your fat level for the day.) The general idea that yolks are bad has reached a bit out of proportion. Still a major debate between different fitness people though. Probably one of those things that comes down to personal choice - but if you are eating egg whites just because you heard to do so, I encourage you to do some research and decide for yourself.
  • rj0802
    rj0802 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to include all the details. Unfortunately I do need to watch my cholesterol so I have been told to stick with egg whites. Frustrating that people post nitritional info that is not accurate on the site. Thanks again,