Hii Everyone =) .. need some pointers

Options
Hello everyone =) Im Anesa. I have been using MFP for sometime now on and off. I have just recently decided to use it again on a more frequent basis to track my calories. I have lost 27lbs and I have a long way to go still. In Nov 2013 I weighed in at 215lbs (5'6" 24 year old female). I am now at 188lbs and my goal is 150-160lbs but I have reached a stop I have been stuck at 188lbs for a while now. Any pointers????

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing, then you're not eating at a deficit. Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Gemima90
    Gemima90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Anesa, wow well done on losing 27lbs! How have you done this, dieting exercise or both? All I can suggest is maybe you need to lower your calories a bit more or up your exercise. I think everyone hits a plateau at some point because we forget that as our weight goes down so does the amount of calories we need.

Good luck on your journey :)
  • FrankyBabes
    FrankyBabes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In my experience, you do better when you're being honest, and when you know what's going on. If you try to be a bit conservative about your approach, you'll find you get a lot less disappointment - and sometimes you're pleasantly surprised. As long as you're logging stuff accurately, and you've got a sensible goal for daily calorie intake (low, without being so low you want to stop), you'll surely do fine.
  • anesabaksh12345
    Options
    well the way i lost my 27lbs was exercising maybe 3 times a week and watching what i eat. i am still watching what i eat and i do squats every day at home, but i need more options for cardio. i am toning up on my legs, my butt and my arms but my tummy needs some working on.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    As you get closer to maintenance, the margin of error gets smaller. So you have to log even more accurately and even more honestly.

Logging works.