Why you shouldnt eat like a celebrity

Replies

• Yeah, I don't listen to a word celebrities say about nutition usually. I'm vegan because I choose to be, for health reasons, not to get thin. But it helps. :)
  • Lithuria
    Lithuria Posts: 132
    Euch, some of these diets are really just disgusting. They all seem to have one thing in common though...whether it's a range of "supplements" with magical weight loss properties, a potion of lemon juice maple syrrup and...chilli, is it? or a course of chinese herbal tea (probably not made to US/EU standards and could contain just about anything they're not putting on the label)....they all have this "magical mystical ingredient" or combination of ingredients that is just the key....

Seriously, did our ancestors have access to lemon juice, maple syrrup and chilli? Probably not since they are native to different parts of the world...did they have these supplements? No, since they are manufactured from god knows what, but once again usually from herbs that naturally occur accross the globe from one another...

Yeah my point is humanity has survived healthily enough for this long without these man made wonder devices and we've not gotten this obese till recently with cheap man made wonder food...I think everyone here has the right idea, dont trust magic ingredients, they are all just seriously calorie restrictive methods of starvation anyway...you take the pill and follow the plan and even though you are starving yourself into weight loss you stick with it because of the possibly placebo like effect taking such a thing and possibly because you're dropping hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros on a diet plan and you dont want to aste your money.

I kind of feel sorry for the celebs though...at the end of the day we all know how frustratingly slow loosing weight the healthy way can be and rightly or wrongly their jobs depend on their image and body size....it's no wonder they go to such extremes :(
This discussion has been closed.