When did you start losing inches??

Options
2»

Replies

• gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I had lost around 50 lbs when people started to notice.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the comments...People always see it in my face first...
  • Kate
    Kate Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    At about 14 lbs lost I could fit back into a pair of jeans and two shirts I had stopped wearing because they were too tight. I think I noticed it first in my bra..I had some that were new and too tight at the outside hook , but became tolerable after losing maybe 10 lbs.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I've noticed people in my feed saying stuff like "lost 2 pounds and 3 inches off my waist this week".... I have lost 7 pounds and close to no inches...:-/

I know everyone is different but I'm just curious how long it took people to notice a physical change.

SW204
    CW197

Thanks,
    Sam (feel free to add me!)

Different people lose fat in different places in their body. Its possible yours is coming off your thighs more than your waist. If you are only measuring your waist you might not notice.

It also matters if you are lifting or not. I fall into the category of "lost 2 pounds and 2 inches off my waist" but that's probably because I am lifting extensively. If you are just dieting with no resistance training I'm guessing you aren't retaining a lot of water in your muscles that offesets the weight loss but not the inch loss.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 12 pounds in a about a month. I can see a big differnce in my face, and it was even noticed by one of my workout buddies. I've lost only a little over inch from the biggest part of my belly, but almost 2 inches from each thigh, about 2 inches from my hips , and almost an inch from my arms. My clothes are fitting a bit looser, and my husband noticed the other day that my usual comfy slightly loose jeans are now way to baggy to wear out in public. I'm hoping to buy a some pieces a size smaller for summer