Completed 3 days of T25: Alpha Phase....and I suck!

Options
I have completed the first 3 days....well, barely completed them. I was wondering if it's just me, but I cannot stay with it. My stamina and endurance absolutely sucks!

I feel like I'm mentally prepared and then I start the workout and it kicks my butt in the first 5-10 minutes. I feel like I stop and walk away to catch my breath, drink some water, etc.

Will I ever be able to keep up? Tonight, I will do the Ab Intervals. I hear that one is really tough. I'm actually looking forward to it.

PLEASE SOMEONE tell me that I'm not alone feeling like this?? I think the one workout that I felt like I almost got all the way through was Day 2: Speed 1.0. Cardio and Total Body Circuit? Forget it. I kept stopping. ugh.

Replies

• dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just started T25 but just finished Insanity for the 2nd time (a year from the last time). What I can tell you is that progress will come...but you have to push through it and stay on track. Yes, it's hard, yes, you get exhausted but you WILL get better at it! Keep a mind set of "just get through it". Even if that means taking breaks or going less than 100%. Eventually, probably by week 3 or so, you'll notice that you can last longer, push yourself more and need less breaks. When I started Insanity, it was all I could do to just get through the workouts. By the 3rd week of month 1 I was able to push myself. Month 2 started and I had to get back to the "just get through it" mindset. By the 3rd week of month 2 I was in BEAST MODE!!! I expect the same progression with T25. Just keep pushing play and getting through the workout. Progress will come!!!

Feel free to add me. I'm looking for friends and motivation for T25.
  • beccahermkens
    beccahermkens Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I completed day 3 yesterday! I am in the same boat! Even using the modified moves, I am in terrible shape! I figure, doing some of the exercises is better than not doing any :) ! I did yesterday's workout without shoes and I felt so much better. I am doing it on carpet so I found my shoes tripping me up when I went to do any type of jump and turn moves. Just keep pushing through!

Feel free to add me if you want some t25 support :) I am dreading abs tonight (but excited at the prospect of one day having abs :P )
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Week 1 sucked - I could barely keep up and I've been exercising before I started T25. Week 2 my cardio has already improved a bunch and I bet next week it will be even better. I do the modified when I really can't keep going all out and then I jump back into it once I've caught my breath. It is hard but it's meant to be hard and the more you do it the more you'll be able to push yourself! Good luck :)
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I started this week so we are on the same schedule. Trust me, you are not alone. Last night I struggled and kept stopping myself. I was so pissed that I couldn't do it. It seems like the chick that does the modifications stumbled sometimes and didn't remember what she was supposed to do and by the time the camera got back to her and I figure it out then the exercise was over. Also some of the modifications in last nights video made me feel like I wasn't doing anything but I couldn't do the full version so it seemed like a waste of time (I know it wasn't but it felt that way!).

I'm going to keep at it but its hard. I just keep telling myself that its the first time. Once I have been thru each a few times I will know what I'm doing and it will be better.

Good luck! Feel free to friend me!
  • treinarts
    treinarts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 and I can already tell I am getting a little better :) I know everything takes time and there are lots of factors that can be contributing, but I gained 2 lbs in the first week. I am really hoping that it is because of the new routine and my muscles holding onto the water ;)
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I gave a try and the first week I was completely out of sync with them .... after that it got much better
    but I was doing a double workout so I stopped T25 until I'm done with my current program
    I'm starting full force with it in 2 weeks
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You will improve and get better as you go. I also found Speed 1.0 to be a lot easier compared to Total Body Circuit in particular. I know it can be frustrating, but I encourage you to stick with it :)

I got through Alpha and Beta and am now on Gamma... I am really struggling (first week), but I know if I push through, I will be stronger and fitter than ever! You got this!
  • leslie345
    leslie345 Posts: 10
    Options
    I've been doing it for months and have started the Alpha phase over like 3 times! I will say that it gets easier everyday. Once you get past the first week, it gets so much better. Take breaks so that you can give 100% through the whole thing. I pause it, chug water, cuss at ShaunT and especially Tania who pretends like she's working hard when you know she wants to be doing the real moves, and then i hit play and keep at it! My problem is that all i want to do afterwards is EAT.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Working as intended!
    Don't freak out. I completed Alpha in January after months of total inactivity and the first week was HELL. Then it gets better. If you could nail it from Day 1 you should probably be doing something else.
    Go at your own pace, modify if needed, never stop moving. Get more warmup and stretching during the first days. It never gets super easy, but it does get easier.
  • MelissaH0910
    MelissaH0910 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started this week, and I'm in the same boat. Day 1 kicked my butt, day 2 was slightly (only slightly!) easier, and then I got sick and had to take yesterday & today off. Hope to feel good enough to do the total body circuit tomorrow morning.

Feel free to add me!
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I completed day 3 yesterday! I am in the same boat! Even using the modified moves, I am in terrible shape! I figure, doing some of the exercises is better than not doing any :) ! I did yesterday's workout without shoes and I felt so much better. I am doing it on carpet so I found my shoes tripping me up when I went to do any type of jump and turn moves. Just keep pushing through!

Feel free to add me if you want some t25 support :) I am dreading abs tonight (but excited at the prospect of one day having abs :P )

OMG! I should try without my shoes on too because I also have carpet and it's definitely a pain in the butt because I feel like I'm tripping all over the place! lol I'm a pretty coordinated person. Ahhh, thanks for the tip! I will try doing it in my socks.

I'm scared for tonight's workout too. I hear it's a tough one. We shall see ;) Good luck!
  • DLo_122
    Options
    I've been doing it for months and have started the Alpha phase over like 3 times! I will say that it gets easier everyday. Once you get past the first week, it gets so much better. Take breaks so that you can give 100% through the whole thing. I pause it, chug water, cuss at ShaunT and especially Tania who pretends like she's working hard when you know she wants to be doing the real moves, and then i hit play and keep at it! My problem is that all i want to do afterwards is EAT.

Haha! Love it! Thanks for the encouragement :)
  • DLo_122
    Options
    Thank you so much! This really helps!
  • DLo_122
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your awesome responses! I appreciate the tips and encouragement.

I feel better now that I'm not alone! I was feeling really discouraged....thanks again.

Feel free to add me!