What exercises for wight loss to do if i have weak knees?

Options
2»

Replies

• MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    A great way to get some cardio in at home - you can sit in a chair and using hand weights do punches (like boxing). You can up the weights as you get stronger, and speed up or slow down, and punch with more or less force as needed. This will definitely get your heart pumping!
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I found this site of strengthening exercises - it might help?

http://www.knee-pain-explained.com/knee-strengthening-exercises.html
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I HAD bad knees. Check out the egoscue website for exercise to correct your problen. A lot of times knee problems are due to misaligned hips. You need to strengthen you quads so you'd use your muscles instead of putting too much load on your joints. Before I started seeing a Bowen practioner, I can't run or do long hikes. My knees grind when I walk. After about 7 months of doing specific strengthening exercises I can run, do long hikes and even jump with no pain!!
    The exercises are boring and some of them difficult but I stayed on course, taking it slowly and now I am reaping the benefits. Pain free knees are fantastic!!!!!!
  • sungoddess337
    sungoddess337 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Can you explain what DDP and MFP yoga are? I have arthritis in both knees and left shoulder and have very limited range of motion. I can only walk about fifty feet before having to rest...for the pain to ease up. I love to dance but have been sedentary for more years than I can remember. My muscles are really tight and stiff. That is why I thought I need to do something to stretch before I try real physical exercises. I am very unstable due to my huge belly...My doctor wants to do surgery to remove what he calls excess tissue but I can not get the money I have to pay. That said, I want to continue to loose weight until I can have the surgery. I want to be free to do what I want without fear of falling. I don't have access to a pool but am talking to my doctor at my next appointment to see if I can go to therapy and do some work in the pool. Sorry so much but any suggestions will be appreciated.