Full Time Working Mom, needs help losing weight!!!

Options
I'm a full time working mom of three. I had my last baby last July and every since I have had a hard time losing any weight. I work full time and don't really have time for anything unless I sacrifice more sleep. I wanted to see if there was any other mothers out there who work full time and are having good progress with losing weight. I don't have a physical job, I sit at a desk for 9 hours a day pretty much. I need some tips on weight loss for my situation.

Replies

• gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You do not have to work out to lose weight. All you need is a calorie deficit. I have a job where I sit all day. I got a fitbit and now I get up and walk the office and plant as often as possible to try and reach my goal. When you lose the first bit of weight and get excited you will want to exercise and you will find the time. You just have to want it bad enough.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Like the PP said, you don't need to work out to lose weight. I lost about 30 pounds without ever exercising, except for walking and nothing longer than a few miles.

I prefer to eat low carb so I typically don't make 2 different meals, I just add a carb side for the kids or skip the bun for myself.
    I eat breakfast bars a lot, but I also try to mix it up my making an egg scramble and making enough to last me for a few days. I also try to make enough to have lunch from it. I would love to get organized enough to do multiple meal prep on a Sunday for the week ahead, but I'm not there yet.
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I can totally sympathize with feeling completely at a loss for time. I have only two kids and work full time and I usually feel like I'm totally stretched for time.
    I agree with the other ladies. You don't have to exercise to lose weight; nutrition contributes to the majority of getting trim. And as a bonus, our nutrition significantly contributes to our over all health. And lets face it, with kids and working, we don't have time to be sick.
    I've found some easy to follow nutrition plans on Pinterest... planned meals and grocery lists included. And if sneaking in some exercise if important to you, there are also some fun fitness challenges that you can do throughout your day, or during your fav TV show. I did a squat challenge all through my last pregnancy and I swear it kept my rear from expanding like the rest of me did :laugh:

I hope this was helpful... we momma's have to stick together
    Cheers :drinker: