bunion foot pain....help!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Tina1737
    Tina1737 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor and don't really know the specifics of your condition, so please take what I am about to say with a grain (or two) or salt. It's just my personal experience.

I had severe bunions on both feet until I elected to have the surgery about 16 years ago at age 32. Let me tell you, it wasn't a cake walk by any means. But, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. What to expect? Long recovery time. One of my bunions was so severe, I had a half cast on my leg for several weeks. After the initial recovery, I had to watch the type of shoes I was wearing for about a year. Yeah, the ugly, man-like shoes. Not sexy at all. And, lastly, probably the thing that made the difference for me was I was fitted with orthotics for both feet, which I wear everyday to this day. The only problem with them is you won't be able to wear then with some shoes. But, really, this is a very small tradeoff for the extreme pain I was in most nights.

To me, surgery was a much better choice because the "bunion lifestyle" of dealing with pain, finding shoes that fit "right" and all of the home remedies was just becoming a major hassle. No more of that!