Garcinia cambogia

Options
ECA67
ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
Has anyone here taken it ? How does it work ? What are your thoughts ?

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Sorry but studies have shown that it does not work on humans.

It does have amazing effects on lab rats (which is where a lot of the research that is sited comes from).

On the plus side whilst it will not do anything for you, it is safe to take.

Soz.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It is miraculous. You will lose weight effortlessly and easily keep the lost weight off. I hear it is made by unicorns who live on rainbows. It truly is magic.

KIDDING! Save your money. Burn more calories than you consume and you will lose weight. That magic pill/supplement has not yet been invented.
  • MrsV1983
    MrsV1983 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, I don't post a lot but I saw this thread & thought I'd throw in my two cents. Several of my co-workers started taking it after one co-worker lost 100+ lbs in six months (using these pills & WW but no exercise). There's at least 10 other people at my job taking it now, with various degrees of success - but the majority have lost 10+ lbs in a matter of weeks. While I agree that diet & exercise are the best ways to do it, I can't argue that it doesn't work per se. I see these co-workers with my own eyes and they claim to not be working out or restricting their diet too badly (following WW & reducing portion-size). I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. If it was just one guy, I'd dismiss it as a fluke...but I've seen it working for several different people at different levels of fitness (one woman took it b/c she wanted to lose 10 lbs before a vacation...and did in 3 wks). You can find it real cheap online, so it probably wouldn't hurt if you wanted to try it. Good luck!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, I don't post a lot but I saw this thread & thought I'd throw in my two cents. Several of my co-workers started taking it after one co-worker lost 100+ lbs in six months (using these pills & WW but no exercise). There's at least 10 other people at my job taking it now, with various degrees of success - but the majority have lost 10+ lbs in a matter of weeks. While I agree that diet & exercise are the best ways to do it, I can't argue that it doesn't work per se. I see these co-workers with my own eyes and they claim to not be working out or restricting their diet too badly (following WW & reducing portion-size). I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. If it was just one guy, I'd dismiss it as a fluke...but I've seen it working for several different people at different levels of fitness (one woman took it b/c she wanted to lose 10 lbs before a vacation...and did in 3 wks). You can find it real cheap online, so it probably wouldn't hurt if you wanted to try it. Good luck!

If they are following WW and reducing portion sizes, then they are losing because they have created a calorie deficit, not because of the pill. Save your money, OP.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    No!

Rigger
  • ECA67
    Options
    thanks ! That sure sounds positive.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

It sounds positive because the person stated they are "following WW & reducing portion-size." I guess you missed that key statement. You know, that old boring but tried and true way of losing weight: reduce calories. By all means, waste your hard earned money on scientifically unproven substances. However, I feel the need to push you towards giving one last chance to use your brain on this one. Good luck.
  • ECA67
    Options

It sounds positive because the person stated they are "following WW & reducing portion-size." I guess you missed that key statement. You know, that old boring but tried and true way of losing weight: reduce calories. By all means, waste your hard earned money on scientifically unproven substances. However, I feel the need to push you towards giving one last chance to use your brain on this one. Good luck.
    It wouldn't hurt to try it once to see if it helps. I've been trying to lose for two years now and am not getting very far.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

It wouldn't hurt to try it once to see if it helps. I've been trying to lose for two years now and am not getting very far.

If it really worked, do you think the rest of us would be tediously and meticulously counting calories? If it really worked, do you think there would still be fat people? Honestly, you're looking for the quick and easy way out, it's a fantasy, it doesn't exist. You need to put in the work, because there is no magic pill. But hey, go nuts.

Rigger
  • suniemama
    Options
    I just started taking it a week ago...no changes yet...will let you know.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    No. OP, please go to Community and do a search on this topic. This will give you more information than you can imagine as to why you shouldn't take this stuff.
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    I took my first dose this morning. I wanted to try it because I wanted it to help curb my hunger. I feel like I eat all friekn' day. I just wanted a little help. So far it has not curbed anything...but I have only taken one dose. I felt comfortable trying it. I will give it a good week or two before I stop. I was just curious about it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Insert sigh gif
  • ECA67
    Options
    I appreciate all the feedback I'm getting.
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Listen to the people who are trying to help you and save you money. Don't just focus on the ONE and ONLY "positive" response you've received, because that poster also stated that those people are following Weight Watchers and reducing portion sizes. That alone is why they are losing weight - not a pill that has no scientific backing on its efficacy in humans.

Eat at a calorie deficit. Weigh and measure everything that goes into your mouth, and you will lose weight. Simple.
  • suniemama
    Options
    I am giving the whole bottle a try. It can't hurt. I did do a lot of research and it can't hurt. there is different results for different people.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

It's your money and there safe to take, so why not.

But all scientific studies do show it does not work on humans.

But it may work as a placebo so if it does then good luck to you.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    no-thumb.jpg
  • sfdcubfan
    sfdcubfan Posts: 7 Member
    Options

If it really worked, do you think the rest of us would be tediously and meticulously counting calories? If it really worked, do you think there would still be fat people? Honestly, you're looking for the quick and easy way out, it's a fantasy, it doesn't exist. You need to put in the work, because there is no magic pill. But hey, go nuts.

Rigger

THANK YOU.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go to, popping something foreign, containing who-knows-what in order to drop weight. The supplement industry has zero regulations, so you are taking serious risks popping some pill that Dr. Oz might tout on his show.

And I'm just as guilty as the next sucker to fall for something like Garcinia. But even with my inner fat girl *****ing at me, I'm opting out of this mess, sticking with dietary supplements that work in conjunction with Body Beast/Asylum workouts and my plant-based diet; stuff like glutamine and BCAA's that I add to my water bottle, for example.
  • ECA67
    Options
    Isn't garcinia just a fruit extract ?