Need help adjusting heart rate monitor. * Please help!*

Options
I bought a heart rate monitor last night.
I just tried to use it. it calculated my heart rate but not the calories I'm burning.... I exercised for about 12 minutes before I stopped because I think I at least burned ONE calorie but It hasn't calulated it....

I just went though the setup, and it says ''fat, burn, 65-80 percent ( This is a % of max Heart rate ) I have no idea what this means.... It's adjustable. Is this affecting the calorie counting? What should i adjust it to?
I am 5'3, 155 pounds 23 years old, if that matters.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Most of the manufacturers offer their manuals on-line.
  • abrazame
    abrazame Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a manual, but it doesn't explain what burn% is....
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    what is the make/model?

(are you sure this model actually gives a calorie burn number - not all do)
  • jenspics
    jenspics Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think the 65-80% is the aerobic heart rate range, based on target heart rate and your age. The monitor I had let you set your target heart rate. It would beep if you went below or above during your work-out. I am not sure about the calories burned. You are going to have to go back through the manual with a fine tooth comb.
  • abrazame
    Options
    It's the sports line cardio 660.

It has a calorie burn calculator. It has a heart rate mode and It tracks your heartrate and calories... The bottom of the screen says ''calories'' with the number right next to it.
  • abrazame
    Options
    I just looked at the monitor + the manual again.
    The percentage I was talking about is calld the lower and upper fat burning zone and it had the option to turn it off or on. It was on....