I let myself go this week?

Options
So I decided to go on a ''diet break'' this week because I have read many articles that you should take a break from your diet to reset your metabolism and give yourself a break from dieting. Plus I am ten pounds away from my weightloss so I want to speed things up, eat what ever I want for atleast 7 days and the following week go back to my cut and start losing again. BUT GOING ON THIS DIET BREAK HAS MADE ME FEEL HORRIBLE AND FAT!!! I'm having chocolate cereal for breakfast, coffee with creamer!!! Plus I had NYC Platter ( chicken over rice ) I dont know if you familiar with that but it does have 1000 calories!!! ( but on that day I only ate cereal and milk) and went 200 calories over maintainence that day. I'm still working out I did 30 day shred on Monday, a insanity workout on tuesday and today I did ripped in 30 with Jillian Michaeals. I'm literally eating whatever I want because to be honest I did feel malnourished! I dont even Want to check the scale because if I do I know I'm gonna cry and I feel so fat :'-( dont even want to wear jeans. How can I start over again next week really need some advice and motivation.

Replies

• LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    How many calories were you eating on your diet if you felt that badly malnourished!! That is what I would be concerned about!

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on this ride. Remember, you're doing a lifestyle change, not a quick fix.
  • jackie_moo
    jackie_moo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was on holiday last week, and decided to give myself a break. i didn't exercise, i ate what i wanted (icecream, cake...) in more quantities than usual. On Monday i decided to "forget" how far i had come up to now, and start from scratch - i made a spreadsheet to fill in my weight, muscle, fat and measurements... i KNEW that i had gained weight. To my surprise, i was exactly the same as i had been 3 weeks ago. :noway: So dont' freak yourself out!!! If you're taking a break, take break and enjoy it, savour every mouthful, and when your break is over, do like LTKeegan so nicely put it:"Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on this ride" :flowerforyou:
  • wonderbeard101
    wonderbeard101 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just like you can't get skinny in a week, neither can you balloon up.

Just pick your diet back up as normal after your break. No need to do anything fancy.

DO make sure that you're not under-eating on your diet, though. That can hurt results a LOT more than overeating.
  • Courtney066
    Options
    A cheat meal would probably be better then a cheat week, I personally wouldn't ever let myself go for a week. Like would a vegetarian "take a break" from there diet and pig out on meat? probably not. To me it sounds as if your diet is very malnourished, if have to take a cheat week. Make sure you are getting all the right daily intakes of veggies, fruits, fats, protein, and grains. Make sure your diet is a diet that your going to be doing from the rest of your life not some low calorie diet that you'll do till you reach you weight goal, because then you'll just gain all the weight back and probably more. I've only heard of giving yourself a week or so off from excising. So I feel that's its best you don't do a cheat week, but rather a cheat meal or day.

And to wonderbread10 you can gain weight fast if you pig out for a week. its happened to my mom. She was exercising and dieting for a month and lost 10lbs, she went on vacation for 1 1/2 weeks and ate what she wanted and ended up gaining those 10lbs back.

Hope this helped
  • cartagenam
    cartagenam Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We all have that time where we need a break, I myself have done that. Just get back into it and don't beat yourself up. You will be ok :smile: