Support During Life Crisis

Options
Vune
Vune Posts: 672 Member
I've been doing well enough here. I'm mostly proud of my tracking and doing what i can to not yoyo again. This week, however, my dad ended up in the hospital. He had a probable stroke and bleed into his brain. He has not been awake.

I am hearing impaired, so my aunt is getting updates for me from the hospital. It's a lot of waiting. I picked up a Klondike bar on the way home from my walk instead of taking the time for food that feels as good as it tastes.

I guess I'm posting because I need something constant and healthy in my life right now. Worse days are looming, and i could use some kind words and encouragement to stay on track.

Replies

• jaclync324
    jaclync324 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wish you and your family nothing but the best. Stay strong. What you can do is concentrate on what you can control. Stay in control of your health and I think you will find some good balance. Good luck. XOXOXO
  • Vune
    Options
    Thank you! I can't tell you how important it is for me to feel connected right now.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    A life crisis sucks and there is no other way to say it. The saying "one day at a time" does not apply in these types of situations. Take it one moment at a time.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    A life crisis sucks and there is no other way to say it. The saying "one day at a time" does not apply in these types of situations. Take it one moment at a time.

This, and cut yourself some slack if you do indulge a bit, there's no point in adding to your stress by beating yourself up. Take care of you, and I hope things get better for you really soon.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Sending you big HUGS and praying for the best possible outcome for your family. It is so tough right now to stay on track, but mindless eating is only going to cause more issue for you to be upset by. Stick to your eating regimen, you can do it. Don't start stress eating, it is a slippery slope. Try meditation, it really works. Take lots of deep breaths, you got this.
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sending thoughts and prayers to your family. Hang in there, Hun :)
  • Vune
    Options
    Thanks to everyone! I'm not being myself up over the ice cream, it's just that I know how it makes me feel after I eat it. My dad wouldn't want me to make myself sick. Besides, I'll make him prouder if I stick to my goals.