Logging my Strength Training here

Options
Is it just me or does anyone else wonder why you can log all the strength training in the world but it won't show calories burned or show up on your wall as having done so? Some days if I do a lot of that it looks to the world as if I've done nothing. :grumble:

Replies

• RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Same here, I've completely stopped logging it because if it's not even going to show me what I've maybe burned or did why bother?

However if were missing something, I sure with someone would tell us.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    MFP isn't very good for logging strength training. The best method, in my opinion, is to log every workout as 1 calorie burned and just use the TDEE method that accounts for workout calories already.

If you are unfamiliar with the TDEE method, use this to figure out your calorie requirements: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Look it up under cardio. It's under "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)". If you log it through cardio it will show up in your news feed and it will show calories burned.
  • sixxkitty
    sixxkitty Posts: 27
    Options
    Oh Thank you, I did not know it could be found under cardio. That would help.