naturally thin women who lift heavy

Options
Sorry, I wasn't sure which category to put this in.

I have an ectomorph frame, but with age (late 30s), my metabolism is no longer super-fast, it's just normal now, and I SUSPECT that because I have PCOS (meaning I have higher than normal levels of testosterone) I SHOULD be able to build muscle better than I used to. Even so, I have that "stick figure" frame and I'm not sure what sort of results I can realistically expect. Even though I have a tiny frame, I still have 30% body fat, so I've been walking for cardio and reducing calories. I've lost 6 lbs so far and 1.5 inches and now I think I'm ready to eat more and lift weights. I've been so inspired by the stories and pictures here, but I don't have the body frame to achieve the same look. I just want to know how tall/lanky/thin women look when they lift heavy.

So I was hoping to find someone here who wouldn't mind sharing pictures or adding me as a friend so I can observe and learn?

Replies

• ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hmm well I wouldn't consider myself a "stick figure" frame by any means, but I can relate to being on the smaller side! I'm 5'6'' and sit comfortably between 103 and 107lbs with what a doctor once referred to as "grasshopper legs" because they're not really proportionate to the rest of me. And for the folks ready to scream ED at my weight, do this quick exercise for me. Raise your right hand. Cover your mouth with said hand. Now, stay. :flowerforyou:

The best piece of advice I can give is to eat a slice of humble pie and drag yourself into the weight room, reminding yourself that you're there for you and you alone. I felt like a total goose when I started doing squats because I was struggling with just the bar when the fella next to me was squatting four times my own body weight. That was about two and half months ago, and now I'm managing to squat 115lbs just fine. Trust me, I felt the same way when I started. I'm too small, this is going to squish me, I look ridiculous, blahblahblah. I'm so pleased I stuck with it because it actually has added a lot of curve to my figure. Be patient, take the time to educate yourself, and keep focused on what you want to achieve. You go Glen Coco!
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I had to Google "Glen Coco" lol... sorry, I don't get out much.

YES. I have a similar body type! Can I add you?

(Edited because I chickened out of sharing pictures and personal info.)
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    bumping... Anyone else?