good scale recommendations

Options
Hi I need to purchase a good scale [that will actually register my weight!!!!!] Any suggestions????????????? and where can I get one in BC Canada.
thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• pizzy
    pizzy Posts: 47
    Options
    any scale will do, gyms are good, even maybe your doctor. cuz they both get calibrated reguraly and they are free execpt maybe the gym if you have to have a membership. but honostly stay away from the scales, if you buy a scale at home your going to obsess over your weight more. (thats why i dont have one) they are nice to have to see, but if you go to a gym everyday, then at the end of the week weigh yourself there, and also scales go up and down, (water weight, muscle loss, muscle gain. ext.) try using a body fat calculator those are a bit more accuret and will tell you how much body fat you lost, not just weight
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    In my experience old fashioned mechanical scales beat the flashy digital ones every time and they don't need environmentally unfriendly lithium batteries - they just go on working.
  • Nikki2Fit
    Nikki2Fit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I go to my local GNC or vitamin shop and use their scale. Its only 50¢ plus its usually right seeing how it can also give BMI.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've also seen people on MFP recommend scales sold by Walmart and Target that are inexpensive and are able to weigh up to 450 pounds. I have a 20 year old mechanical scale that is surprisingly still accurate.