30 day shred need some friends!

Options
Need some friends some inspiration for meals!
Anyone else doing 30 day shred add me please!

Replies

• TahBeeAah
    TahBeeAah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've just finished up week one of 30 day shred. THIS WORKOUT IS NO JOKE! As I'm sure you already know. Add me, we need each other to make it through!!
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. This is going to be my 2nd time around. I dropped a jean size last time.
  • ashCHB
    ashCHB Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 10. I start Level 2 tomorrow and I'm scared because I've heard that's the hardest level. Eeek!!

Doing this has really helped me realize that it actually is possible to work out every day. It's not unmanageable or anything. Even just setting 20 minutes aside for a high intensity work-out is beneficial. I already set time aside for favorite TV shows or facebooking each day, so why not take some of that time and use it to mold myself into a healthier person? :)
  • TessMacc
    TessMacc Posts: 31
    Options
    I finished the 30 day shred a few weeks ago and just wanted to offer some encouragement. It's HARD but a) it works and b) gave me so much more confidence in what I could do. The first day of all 3 levels I felt awful, but within a few days it was easier so don't be tempted to give up!

Now I'm doing a different DVD with much less harsh instructors, but doing the 30 day shred really taught me that I can push myself and survive or even enjoy it. When the nice, kind instructors on the new programme say "if it's too hard you can just walk it through" the old me would've done a lot of walking through, but now I never stop unless I'm really, really struggling.
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Im on level 1 day 5! This is my 2nd time around. Had very good results the 1st time around!! Feel free to add me anyone!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have done 30 DS a couple of times and have been happy the way I felt afterwards. Now I incorporate into my weekly routine, doing at least 2x along with treadmill, running and fitness blender DVD's. I love mixing up my workouts so I don't get bored.
  • sandrocchia69
    sandrocchia69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to this site and wanted to say hello. I just did day 1 of 30 day shred and I plan to keep this up. I'm looking to lose 50 pounds and would like to join along with you all. I've struggled for the last several weeks - logging my progress one day then skipping off for about 3-4. I am going to commit to logging everyday, and getting at least 3 workouts of 30 day shred in. Looking for some inspiration from everyone here.

One quick question - how do you log 30 day shred in the exercise tool?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!
    SM
  • fighting_the_flab83
    Options
    feel free to add me,. i started a post like this yesterday so im on day 2
  • erinelissa91
    erinelissa91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would love to be apart of this little group! I am 11 days in along with circuit training and some jogging! I am stating pretty motivated from the results and the small time commitment, but I would love some friends to share the experience with! Feel free to add me and I will do my best to be motivational!
  • crys_aintgivingup
    crys_aintgivingup Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Usually people log it as 'circuit training - 20 mins'. But that's not entirely accurate because of course how much you burn depends on many personal factors. I find that when I use my HRM doing the 30DS, it gives me a higher number than the MFP estimate. So, it's best if you get a heart rate monitor. Knowing exactly how many calories you burnt is a great way to keep yourself motivated, as I've found. Definitely consider investing in HRM - something like the Polar FT4 could last for years and the accurate tracking you get is well worth it.
  • superslimsuzy
    superslimsuzy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this too feel free to add me , day 1 tomorrow level 1
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am on Day 5 of Level 1 as well. Feel free to add me!
  • CDalloway
    CDalloway Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd love some friends too. I'm about to do Day 7 of Level 1 today but I'm hoping to do it 2x- 20 times for each level for 2 months.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Usually people log it as 'circuit training - 20 mins'. But that's not entirely accurate because of course how much you burn depends on many personal factors. I find that when I use my HRM doing the 30DS, it gives me a higher number than the MFP estimate. So, it's best if you get a heart rate monitor. Knowing exactly how many calories you burnt is a great way to keep yourself motivated, as I've found. Definitely consider investing in HRM - something like the Polar FT4 could last for years and the accurate tracking you get is well worth it.

Logging as generic is very inaccurrate as there are so many variables. I did it with my polar ft7 on the 1st and 2nd of this month and on the first day I burned in the region of 220kcals and the second only 160kcals.

Simply doing the workout compared to putting you all in makes a notable difference.
  • gcastellano83
    gcastellano83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I begin day 7 of level 1 today. :)
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    :smile: I started this yesterday. Add me if you like
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 7, but I mix up the shreds everyday. Today was shred 3, tomorrow might be shred 1 or 2...or maybe 3 again. Lol, I just can't do the same thing everyday. Feel free to add me!! I'm always needing encouragement and would love to have other Jillian workout buddies! :)
  • redloses25lbs
    Options
    Feel free to add me started level 3 today! Excited to see some results! :)
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just started today! Actually, I'm just new to MFP in general. c:

I did a little bit of conditioning before this program, but it is totally a butt kicker!
  • alymarie86
    alymarie86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start today... feel free to add me :)