Protein Powders. Any recommendations?

Options
I've tried ON Gold Whey Standard for a few years now, and recently tried Isofusion (which was good BTW), but wanted to try something different and not too expensive. Any recommendations?

Replies

• rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Smartpowders generic is my go-to. Cheap, decent flavors, and they publish test results proving the nutritional claims.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Phase 8 Chocolate by Muscle Tech & Trutein Cinnabun.
  • cathybing
    Options
    Where do you buy the smart powders?
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    cytosport 100%whey protein. mixes very well
  • LanceKarcher
    LanceKarcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Recommend you stay away from the new and improved Dymatize Elite. It does not go into solution and tastes terrible. They "improved" it and ruined it. I used the Dymatize product for years and thought it was great. Now it is garbage.
  • fireproof30
    fireproof30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LOVE Phase 8. Chocolate's my favorite, but I just got a tub of Cookies & Cream to try too. Syntha-6 is great too, but expensive...Twinlab Whey Fuel's a pretty good cheap protein, but it's thin. You only need about 4 oz. of water with that one for a thick shake. But I do Phase 8 every morning with 8 oz. of Vanilla Light soy milk...YUM!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    WHEY TECH Pro 24 CHOCOLATE MINT
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Syntha-6 wasn't bad, I'm using ON Gold Standard Whey right now. My husband is using Nitrotech right now and that's supposedly on the cheaper end (has creatine though).
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    New Zealand Whey Vanilla is my fav. Need a good chocolate one thoe