REALLLY BAD DAY!!

Options
Well, it's happened.....

I woke up this morning feeling horrible. I had a major headache that wouldn't go away, my nose bled, AND I throw up a couple of time on the way to the ER. I got the the ER and felt like I wanted to pass out. They took my Blood Pressure AND......155/115!!! My blood pressure was high!! The doctor hooked me up to the monitor and told me that they would be checking me every 15 minutes until it went down. I was there for 4 hours. They gave me a fluid pill and a blood pressure pill around hour number 2. I was soo flipping afraid. I thought they would keep me in the hospital. I don't do well in the hospital settings. But thank goodness my BP dropped to a somewhat normal rating. NOW, I am officially on BP pills. :o(

This was what I was trying to avoid with my "healthier lifestyle". But the dr told me not to be too down. He told me with REGULAR exercise and a low to no sodium DEDICATION...his exact words..lol...I MIGHT have a shot at being off of the pills. SO i guess my journey continuous with an added push.

Replies

• Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is a bad day...but on a bright side at least you found out what is wrong and already on a healthier path....you will be off those pills in no time...Good Luck Babe...
  • blueeyeddragon2115
    Options
    Your down more than 40lbs, that is a great accomplishment and i am sure with changing your eating habits, low to no sodium should be within your capiblities. Keep working at it!!! You've got a chance to make this right, we all do, myself included. Your doing great, just keep up the good work.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    definitely not a great day, but hopefully the medication will help you feel better for now, and with the healthier lifestyle you may no need them for long. hope tomorrow is better for you!
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I take bp meds and cholesterol meds at the moment. They have been decreasing dosages as time goes on though. I was much heavier than you are. But the bp meds actually gave me a bit of an edge at first because I could exercise longer without feeling the fatigue. Once the meds amount went down 1/4 of a pill I had to recalibrate my workout to match because my heart rate was now climbing higher and I was feeling fatigued sooner. Went from 75 minute work outs to 60 and now 50. But I still go the same speed no matter what on my exercise of choice: Elliptical Trainer. I try for 4 or 5 days a week. So far so good!

Keep up the great work! You've lost a lot! I think my wife is the exact same way you are. I can tell her all day long how beautiful she is but she's got to feel it first. She has her goals and can't exercise as much as I do so it's going to take her longer but so what. It'll happen.
  • RCharlesworth
    Options
    Yep -- I think that definitely qualifies as a really bad day! One of my motivations to lose weight and change my lifestyle is to get off of my BP meds if at all possible. My doc thinks that were I to get to my ideal weight, I won't need them. Now you have that motivation, too (to put a positive spin on it). Just be sure to keep up with your BP meds -- high blood pressure isn't called the "silent killer" for no reason... Good luck!
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    I hope you feel better. Was a really rough day for you. Maybe tomorrow will be better
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    It is not an overnight occurrence. It takes time. We did not get this way overnight, and it won't go away overnight! ( would be nice if it did, yes?) LOLWell, it's happened.....

I woke up this morning feeling horrible. I had a major headache that wouldn't go away, my nose bled, AND I throw up a couple of time on the way to the ER. I got the the ER and felt like I wanted to pass out. They took my Blood Pressure AND......155/115!!! My blood pressure was high!! The doctor hooked me up to the monitor and told me that they would be checking me every 15 minutes until it went down. I was there for 4 hours. They gave me a fluid pill and a blood pressure pill around hour number 2. I was soo flipping afraid. I thought they would keep me in the hospital. I don't do well in the hospital settings. But thank goodness my BP dropped to a somewhat normal rating. NOW, I am officially on BP pills. :o(

This was what I was trying to avoid with my "healthier lifestyle". But the dr told me not to be too down. He told me with REGULAR exercise and a low to no sodium DEDICATION...his exact words..lol...I MIGHT have a shot at being off of the pills. SO i guess my journey continuous with an added push.

Take heart Hon. It can and will happen! My husband and I were both on BP pills. I was on one.....He was on five, plus diabetic. With the weight loss on both our sides....I am off mine....He is off ALL of his! Plus the diabetics is almost gone! He was on 4 pills a day and is now down to one.

If you ever want to talk, look me up OK?
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    It is not an overnight occurrence. It takes time. We did not get this way overnight, and it won't go away overnight! ( would be nice if it did, yes?) LOLWell, it's happened.....

Take heart Hon. It can and will happen! My husband and I were both on BP pills. I was on one.....He was on five, plus diabetic. With the weight loss on both our sides....I am off mine....He is off ALL of his! Plus the diabetics is almost gone! He was on 4 pills a day and is now down to one.

If you ever want to talk, look me up OK?