How have your pets helped you?

Options
13»

Replies

• becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    My cat Fur (in my profile pic) is my Manager - she is right by my side during each and every workout I do.

She's little - she's about 6 years old (Vet's guess - she's a rescue) - and she's about 7 lbs.

When I do cardio - treadmill, bike, or elliptical - she sits right beside me.

When I do weights - she rubs up against me while I'm lifting (makes it challenging.......)!

Weighted lunges - she actually makes this a game and chases/lunges at me - ALWAYS exciting........!

Push-Ups and planks - she runs underneath my body (it's ALL a game to her)!
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My dog is VERY high energy and requires a daily walk/jog (minimum 1 hour walk or 30 minute jog). If she doesn't go on her walk or jog, she gets really busy. She will exercise in the house. LOL. We don't want that because she's a 60lb Rottweiler.

I don't have a gym membership because my free time is taken up exercising her. :)
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    My nugget and I go for walks together, and he *tries* to assist when I'm doing sit-ups. lol

Lol. My beagle likes to try and help with crunches, planks, etc. So does the German Shepherd mix. And the Mutt. They just like it when I get down on the floor. Only the Germie goes for walks with me, the beagle hides when you get his leash out (no idea why) and the Mutt would bark nonstop for as long as we walked. He sounds like a seal. :bigsmile:
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    My Cat is pretty much useless when it comes to helping me.

18 pounds of awesome, but not a good motivator. He prefers to lay in my lap and get scratched, whilst he licks my elbows.
    He's an odd one.
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    My sweet Daisy needs two very long walks a day plus play time or my shoes suffer lol. Beagles get bored easily. She also very much enjoys licking my face whenever I am doing crunches or situps. Mostly though, when I'm feeling down and don't want to move, it just takes a look from her to know that her happiness and health is dependent on me, and that I need to get up and go, if only to watch her tail wag as we walk all over the city

This photo is titled: What happens when you leave your dog alone long enough to go to the basement to put some laundry in before you go on her walk....

[img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj270/jillynn_photos/Facebook/Mobile Uploads/286d366f-961b-428c-82c8-e27c2cd90e43.jpg[/img]

LOVE beagles... I've had two and they are just the sweetest, albeit mischievious, little dogs. Both of mine have been total food hounds though...so their weight fluctuated just like mine. But now that I am getting better so is my current beagle. He steals from my son (15 months old) a lot though, so we got to nip that in the bud.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My cat is sleek and muscular and doesn't tend to notice if her food dish is empty because she's too busy running and playing. I'd like to be more like that myself.
  • HappyPoet
    HappyPoet Posts: 24
    Options
    You tell me. We exercise together along with the SuperWife at a nearby dog park, streams, and in our 2 acre back fenced in yard in the forest. It's the Bombdiggity! Her name (dog) is Jesse.

ry%3D400

I couldn't leave SuperWife out of the pic :flowerforyou:
  • dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My dog is a very high energy dog. He immediately goes bonkers as soon as he sees me touch my running shoes.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    My cats clean my yogurt cups when I'm done. One of them has been known to take off with chips and popcorn.
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Options
    I moved into a house with a bunch of guys last August. They have a dog, VP Cheney the girl, who they share. Being that she was no one's sole responsibility, her exercise was getting pretty neglected. I decided to take it upon myself to make sure she got walked as much as I could. When I first moved in I tried to run with her and she just stopped; She was tired and out of breath. I kept taking her though, and now she begs me to go on runs. The other night we ran for about 2 miles before she stopped, and when I take her off the leash at the park she just runs and runs. It brings me the greatest joy to get her exercise and also makes me sad to see her antsy and stuck in the house. She has made me want to get out and move. If I don't feel like running, it doesn't matter, because I want HER to get a run. I love her to death, I think she loves me too, and all the boys have commented that we both look slimmer :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    My sweet Daisy needs two very long walks a day plus play time or my shoes suffer lol. Beagles get bored easily. She also very much enjoys licking my face whenever I am doing crunches or situps. Mostly though, when I'm feeling down and don't want to move, it just takes a look from her to know that her happiness and health is dependent on me, and that I need to get up and go, if only to watch her tail wag as we walk all over the city

This photo is titled: What happens when you leave your dog alone long enough to go to the basement to put some laundry in before you go on her walk....

[img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj270/jillynn_photos/Facebook/Mobile Uploads/286d366f-961b-428c-82c8-e27c2cd90e43.jpg[/img]

Tell me that wasn't a Club Lulu...