2»

Replies

• LeahBluitt
    Options
    I opened it! I figured out how. Thanks!
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    If you get a scale and use it accurately you will get a really good insight into how you are fueling your body.

You open your diary somewhere in the privacy settings. I'm on my phone so idk exactly at the moment.
  • rdsxfn
    rdsxfn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    is it water weight? what's your sodium intake look like?
  • LeahBluitt
    Options
    I opened my food diary and I'm ready for help and advice!
    Last week I changed my caloric intake from 1500 to 1200 which is why last week and the weeks before have more calorie consumption.
    And I had a couple cheat days due to my mamas birthday dinner at all you can eat sushi. And a special meal we have every year in remembrance of my dad. Which are about a week apart
  • Courtney4805
    Courtney4805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It was a drum stick. But of course it could have been more than I assumed.
    I will get a scale.

I'd also recommend a scale and take the meat off the bone so you know exactly what your intaking. It may be a pain the first few times but after a while it'll get faster then eventually you'll be able to eye it pretty accurately. I however am not to that point yet. Also I read that you have lost inches -perhaps the scale isn't moving because your losing fat and gaining muscle? Good luck!

Also I looked at your food diary - for me personally I've notice that when I eat close to the sodium allowance I don't lose weight as easily. Maybe cutting it a little will help.

I must add precious baby!
  • AutumnPhade
    Options
    Your diary looks fine and you should be losing weight, however, you have to make sure you also track your butter/oil intake aswell.

I know a lot of people don't think much of it, but adding butter to your sandwich/toast or cooking with oil can add a TON of calories to your diet.

Depending on how often you cook with oils or use butter, it could be an hundreds of additional calories that you don't even realise you're consuming.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ok I saw your diary. Since you lowered your intake for the past week I think you will lose weight on that even if it's not totally accurate. You have a little margin of error now. Also since you're small just know it's gonna be slow coming off. It's not going to be like a pound or two a week. Probably more like a half pound. Being small you can really only create so much if a deficit because your body doesn't burn a lot of calories compared to a bigger person.

I do think you're on the right track now. Just be patient and don't listen to the people who say you will lose weight faster if you eat more. That's not going to help in this situation.
    Good luck!
  • LeahBluitt
    Options
    I don't use butter or oil at all. Maybe just a touch to butter the pan for eggs. But I do take 2 omega 3 cod liver oil pills that I suppose do have calories and fat! Everything counts right?
    Thank you. I hadn't thought of that
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Your daughter is adorable by the way :)
  • LeahBluitt
    Options
    Thank you! I'm starting to see that a scale can make a world of a difference. We have one, I just never thought to use it. Lol
    And thank you! I love that little girl to pieces! She's my pride and joy and whole world all wrapped up in 17 pounds of giggles. Hopefully I can lose this weight so I can have another baby! Pre-baby I was 104 and after baby I was stuck at 125 and have been stuck ever since. I'm not a stranger to long (2 mile) walks to the park or family weekends spent walking the Golden Gate Bridge or hiking, but my weight still didn't budge. I'm hoping lower caloric intake and MFP will help that! I would hate to be stuck at another 20+ after another baby.
  • elizard1981
    Options
    Drink lots and lots and lots of water!!!!
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    One of my motivations is also to lose weight for more babies :)

Anyway, I think this past Sunday is what kept you from losing this week. You were over a thousand over that day but those BBQ wings may have been more calorie dense than you found on MFP.
  • LeahBluitt
    Options
    Yeah I kinda let lose. It was a tough weekend.
    Our dad took his own life about this time a few yeas ago and my brother came over upset and hungry.... So we all just ate together, cried, talked, and watched movies.
    Sometimes life happens and it's better to just give in. It wasn't a calorie counting type of situation.
    But I agree that that probably set me back.
    I find that I have really good discipline, to the point where I surprise myself.
    But when I do cheat I usually have good reasoning to where I don't feel guilty or regret it.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't use butter or oil at all. Maybe just a touch to butter the pan for eggs. But I do take 2 omega 3 cod liver oil pills that I suppose do have calories and fat! Everything counts right?

Indeed, don't fear the fat though. There are a few items of sugary water in your diary that add up the calories but provide little else. I don't want to know what an otter pop is and the Starbucks item had a wopping carb content. Coconut water is another sugar solution and Coffee mate is yet more glucose disguised as something else.

If you were to take out these discretionary carbs / sugars it may help your weight loss a bit - try not to eat anything that is carbs with no protein or fats or at least double check those diary items for accuracy.
  • LeahBluitt
    Options
    I agree.
    I could probably cut some coconut water.
    Lol otter pops are tiny 15 calories sugar free Popsicles that I give my daughter if she successfully goes potty on her own, if it's hot outside, or she's having a tough teething day and I will usually have a few myself. But I could probably cut those.
    Coffee mate is a must I add a tablespoon of it to 1 cup of coffee for flavor cause I can't drink it black. It has less calories, fat, and sugar content then if I have put milk and sugar in my coffee myself. And at least for these days where nights are long and spent awake with a teething baby it's necessary.
    But I agree I should cut carbs and exchange some of my current snacks with veggies and fruits.
    That's what's it's gonna take to see the results I want.
    Thank you!