A realization

Options
13»

Replies

• Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    rock on with your bad self!

i just got done with my home workout.. no bra on, baggy sweats that are almost falling off me, a shirt somebody got me on their vacation with the crew neck cut so its not so tight on my throat. and socks. (and i HAVE cute workout clothes LOLOL)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    You get a high five, girly! Be the best and F the rest!
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Above all things, that attitude will help you find success! You're awesome!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Good for you! With that attitude you are definately going to reach your goals :)

This ^^ The world is full of <insert expletive not allowed on MFP here>. Just shake off their negativity and focus on your own goals.

Best of luck to you!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted since I posted my intro thread almost a year ago, but I had an experience at work last night I wanted to share.

I use the gym at work. I work for a large sheriff's office, so the gym is used by police officers and corrections officers and is very well stocked. After my shift, I will change in the bathroom and then go to the gym, then go home. Last night, I changed in the bathroom into my (admittedly ugly) work out clothes. As I was walking out there were two girls in the break room, sitting and chatting. One just looked at me in my ugly work out clothes and sort of smirked and made a "what the heck?" face. For a moment, I felt very self-conscious and just wanted to melt into the floor at her obvious derision.

But then it hit me...she is about the same size as me (maybe a little smaller) and maybe my work out clothes are ugly and don't fit perfectly and maybe I look as stupid as all get out in work out clothes at all because of my size...but I am doing something about it. On my 30 minute dinner break I go to the gym and do 20 minutes of elliptical. And after work I do my strength training workout. Meanwhile she is sitting on a couch in a break room, watching TV and eating. So look at me like you think I look ridiculous, make fun of my work out because right now I can only bench press the bar with no weights and have to use the lowest setting on some machines. But at least I am DOING something.

And then, after that thought....I felt great!!
    Go you!

The last thing in the world I'm spending good money on is clothing to get sweaty in. lol My workout clothes aren't anything special and I look like crap during my workouts, but I don't care. The ugly workout leads to the hot everyday, right?
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Awwwww honey people should NOT laugh at Your workout clothes. This is not a beauty contest!

HUGS :)

YESSSS You ARE doing something))))

This. I don't care what I look like in the gym. I'm there for me :)
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Who cares what they think of your workout clothes! You're working out - it doesn't matter what you're wearing. People are ridiculous sometimes.

This!! I sometimes feel conscious about my workout clothes but then I think to myself "I'm working out.. I'm going to look terrible when I'm done so it really doesn't matter what I'm wearing" Personally, I don't want to spend hundreds on workout clothes so my baggy sweats and t shirts do just fine most days :) Don't worry what other ppl think... you're doing this for you. Keep that great attitude and you'll reach your goals in no time! :bigsmile:
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing your thing girl!! There will always be people out there that want to tear you down! But just stay positive!!
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That is the PERFECT attitude to have!!!! good for you girl. Keep going, before you know it you'll be hitting goals
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • milmomto2
    milmomto2 Posts: 84
    Options
    You GO girl!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You are doing great!

You are way ahead of your co-worker and soon your efforts will show her up big time.

Doesn't matter what your work out clothes look like, what matters is doing something to become healthier. That doesn't happen by sitting on a chair relaxing.

You have got this, and have a great attitude!
  • jb290978
    jb290978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Only been into this fitness malarky for 6 weeks with insanity. I have never been happy wity my body, always self consious of myself and always lacked confidence.

I think the latter is the key to success. The last 6 weeks I have gained more confidence, therefore been more motivated to succeed.

You have had the confidence to get to that gym and more importantly carry on walking passed that woman with pride, and the confidence to stand up and be counted.
    Congrats
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    Good for you! Don't let anyone put you down!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Your priorities are perfect. Two thumbs up! Great NSV. Win win.