OUCH!!

ahsongbird
ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
OKay so I just took an unintentional 2 hr walk, I meant it to be like 30 mins but we got lost and were walking all around the neighborhood til dark. well Im home now and my foot hurts on the top where the ankle meets the foot, every time i bend it , it hurts! now IM not feeling like im going to die but it is very irritating and doesnt feel right! DOes it sound like I just overworked myself? Im not looking for medical advice, as I can walk on it just fine Im just wondering if thats something I should be okay with feeling or if i did something wrong ya know?

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    You probably twisted it a lil.... see how you feel tomorrow.....

FANTASTIC workout BTW!!! =D
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    You may have overworked the muscle, but that is a total guess. You could treat it as if you did.
    - Elevate it, apply ice pack (for any swelling/pain).
    - After pain is gone, you can apply gentle heat (warm cloths) to bring healing blood and nutrients to the area.

If you had tennis shoes on, were they cinched too tight at the top? Might want to wear them slightly looser for your next walk.

These are just guesses. If the pain continues for more than a day, or so, you might want it checked.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    thank you :) It just feels like its tight and doesnt really want to bend fully, I'll keep an eye on it ;) and yes it was a good workout b/c even though I was lost I didnt stop or slow my pace at all, I figured YES Im lost but Im not going to get home any faster by going slower ! LOL
This discussion has been closed.