Good meal plan?

Options
So to start, I'm 5' tall, and I work a desk job. I don't get much exercise other than walking a few times a week. I have about 20-30 pounds to lose. I'm also vegetarian. I definitely attribute much of my weight gain to drinking, and I've slowed that down a TON.
Ok so, is this a good meal plan for the day?

Breakfast:
2 hardboiled eggs
1 tablespoon chia seeds in water

Lunch:
1 cup quinoa
Whatever veggies I have thrown on top
Braggs amino liquids sprayed on

Dinner:
1 cup brown rice
1 cup black beans (homemade)
Scoop of nutritional yeast
Whatever else veggies I throw on top

I feel pretty full from this, and I drink at least 10 cups of water and/or green tea a day.

Replies

• tahneesummers88
    tahneesummers88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie intake for the day? I say this because even though you feel "full" you need to be eating a certain amount for healthy weight loss and making sure you aren't putting your body into starvation mode.. which sometimes means even if we don't feel like we're starving, it's still undergoing that process which will inevitably slow your weight loss down at a certain point. What has MFP given you for a calorie total for a day?
  • molliewallner
    Options
    Around 1000-1200, depends on what veggies I use and how much I use.
  • molliewallner
    Options
    MFP gave me 1200 a day.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    MFP gave me 1200 a day.
    You only have a relatively small amount to lose change your goals to .5 or 1 pound a week loss. That way you'll get a more reasonable amount of calories that will be far more sustainable.
  • molliewallner
    Options
    MFP gave me 1200 a day.
    You only have a relatively small amount to lose change your goals to .5 or 1 pound a week loss. That way you'll get a more reasonable amount of calories that will be far more sustainable.

Feels like a lot to me :( Probably because I'm so short. It is set at 1 pound a week.