Sedentary or Lightly Active

Options
mbitely2004
mbitely2004 Posts: 66 Member
Im not on my feet most of the day in my opinion, but I am a single mom so its up and down getting him off everything he climbs on then 4 days a week I work for an afterschool program, atleast 2 of those days were in the gym playing some sort of sport that I'm reffing. I was doing lightly active, and I'm losing but I'm just wondering if I should back it down to Sedentary because I am in the first full week of doing this so of course im losing.

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You are "Lightly Active".

Sedentary is intended for those who do not exercise at all.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    What Branstin said
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Agreed - I sit at least 10 hours a day in front of a computer - basically, like a drooling zombie - THAT's sedentary!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    My job is completely sedentary, so that's what I'm set at. I get usually 90 minutes of exercise 6 days a week though. But my baseline is sedentary because of my job.
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I have my settings to lightly active and I am a stay at home mom. I am always moving around helping one of my kids or picking up things. I sit during the day, but I have to get up all the time for this or that. The setting seems to havebeen right for me. I think parents are more active then they think just taking care of the daily things for their children.