TDEE?? Macros?!

Options
I have no idea how any of this works, read about having to add or take away 20% or something?! Am looking to maintain my weight soon and need to work this out, any help is greatly appreciated...
my CW: 114
gw: about 112-115
height: 5'4''
TDEE: 1492
bmr: 1243
desk job, never move or anything during the day, some light exercise, maybe stationary bike 15mins a day, about 100cal burn.
thanks a lot im so confused .. :(

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    So what's your goal? to just lose 2 more lbs? I think you're at a healthy weight now, and wouldn't recommend losing any more.

If I were you, I'd calculate my body fat %, and then work on reducing that by building muscle, and stop focusing on losing weight. If you're unhappy with some problem areas, I mean.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    So what's your goal? to just lose 2 more lbs? I think you're at a healthy weight now, and wouldn't recommend losing any more.

If I were you, I'd calculate my body fat %, and then work on reducing that by building muscle, and stop focusing on losing weight. If you're unhappy with some problem areas, I mean.

Agreed. Don't even worry about calculating. Your TDEE is 1492 so make sure you eat that and start weight lifting.

Eat protein!
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    From what I calculated using this: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Your TDEE is 1587, your BMR is 1322. So, to maintain your weight, you should be eating about 1587. Can I ask why you want to lose 2 more lbs? You're at a healthy (if not low) weight for your height and you look fabulous. If you want to tone up, perhaps you should start focusing on weight lifting instead of the scale? When I first started lifting, I didn't lose ANY lbs, however, the inches were sliding off! It's also the most amazing feeling (to me anyways) to be able to FEEL how much stronger you are today than you were the other day. To be able to increase a weight to an amount that you weren't before is one of the most satisfying and accomplishing feelings I've ever had.

Whatever you decide to do, the best of luck to you!!